FREMONT — Unwanted farm tires from farm owners, operators, and residents in a three-county area will be accepted for recycling or repurposing during an annual campaign that starts Monday, the Ottawa-Sandusky-Seneca Joint Waste Management District said.
Those wanting to participate must register by calling the district’s main office, 1-888-850-7224 or 419-334-7222; registration starts at 8 a.m. Monday and ends at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 23. Officials will schedule appointment times for tire drop-offs and provide a fee amount based on the size and number of tires to be delivered.
Tires will not be accepted from dealers or agribusinesses. Proof of residency will be required.
- Richard B. “Dick” Walters (1932-2016): Fremont boiler worker loved his antique trucks
- Man, 64, dies after his van goes off road near Fremont
- Fremont man dies in single-car accident
- Vigil marks year since Fremont woman’s homicide
- Scott C. Otermat (1946-2016): Fremont actuary loved puzzles and agriculture