● Northwest Ohio Apraxia Support Family Fun Day Awareness Walk for Children with Apraxia of Speech at the Bowling Green City Park near the Kiwanis Shelter and Needle Hall, 417 City Park Dr., check-in/registration at 10 a.m., medal presentation 10:30 a.m., walk begins at 11 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $20/adults; $10/children. To register: firstgiving.com/NWOAS/familyfunwalk. Details: nwoapraxiasupport.org.
● Northwest Ohio Ag-Business Breakfast Forum hosted by the Center for Innovative Food Technology at the Agricultural Incubator Foundation, 13737 Middleton Pike, 8 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Sept. 19. In recognition of National Honey Month, Scott Cockerell of Wannemacher Total Logistics will talk about the honey industry. Cost: $10 per person (cash or check at the door), includes breakfast. Reservations are encouraged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Craft and gift show at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., car show 10 a.m.-2 p.m., craft/gift show 10 a.m.-4 Sunday. Free admission/parking. Details: 419-320-8631. Prizes. Benefits Life Connection of Ohio. Also accepting people food donations and pet food donations. Details: email@example.com or 419-720-5997.
● Gathering of Quilters meeting at the Holland Free Methodist Church, 6605 Angola Rd., doors open at 6:15 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 19. Speakers: Patsy Thompson, of Patsy Thompson Designs. All are welcome. Memberships are available for $25 per year, gatheringofquilters.org. Admission: $10 for nonmembers.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for dinner at Bayside Supper Club, 5307 Bayshore Rd., Oregon, 5 p.m. Thursday. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● Serenity Farm Equestrian Center’s after-school program for elementary age students, 21870 Lemoyne Rd., from 4-6 p.m. Mondays, beginning Sept. 23. Students will receive homework assistance from licensed teachers, activity for bully preventions, and a healthy snack. Registration: serenityfarm.org, under workshops or call 419-833-1308.
● Andy’s Army Walk and Fun Run to fight against canine cancer at Side Cut Metropark, 1025 W. River Rd., 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., blessing of the animals 9 a.m.-10 a.m., recovery demonstration 10:30 a.m., walk/fun run 11 a.m. Sept. 22. There will be a complementary tailgate party with DJ, vendors, free door prizes, raffle, and hot dogs. Radio host, Becky Shock, of 93.5 will be master of ceremonies. Early registration by Thursday will cost $15 for single; $30 for families, and $10 for teams of 7 or more. Register online at andys-army.org. Event day registration is $25 per person. Details: Sue Bechtel, 419-875-5272. Benefits to the Golden Retriever Foundation’s canine cancer research.
● King of the court 3-on-3 basketball tournament at Premier Basketball Academy, 1630 Market Place Dr., 1 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $100 per team. Registration: Josh at 419-340-6906.
● Conquer Chiari Walk Across America awareness/fund-raiser at the Monclova Primary School, 8035 Monclova Rd., registration 9 a.m., walk 11 a.m. Sept. 21. Everyone is invited to participate. A minimum donation of $25 is suggested. Preregister at conquerchiari.org. Contact: Kellie Haupricht, 419-822-6049 or Jill Miller, 419-410-8522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds will fund research through Conquer Chiari.
● Area Men and Women are invited to “Just Ask Jay?” dinner and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 6 p.m., dinner buffet 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Special Feature: Jay Berschback, Meteorologist, Channel 13. Music: Keith Sholl and his wife Dee, of Sylvania. Speaker: Roger Bassett of Washington, Mich., on “Finding My Way Home.” Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Ride for Rebekah’s Haven at Signature Harley-Davidson, 1176 Professional Dr., registration 11 a.m.-noon, ride at noon Saturday. There will also be a self-guided tour of Rebekah’s Haven, 122 and 124 20th St., with a cookout and ice cream sundae bar. Shirts available while supplies last. Cost: $20 solo rider; $30 rider/passenger. Benefits shelter that provides night-to-night shelter for single homeless women and single homeless women with small children. Details: 419-241-6579 or email@example.com.
● Bikers for Babies at the Town Center at Levis Commons, 3201 Levis Commons Blvd., registration 10 a.m., bike ride at 11 a.m. Sunday. Ride route is approximately 60 miles along the scenic Maumee River and will take place rain or shine. Complimentary breakfast/lunch, entertainment fishbowl auction, 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and more. Details: bikersforbabies.org.
● Humane Society of Ottawa County’s business/board meeting at Ida Rupp Library, 310 Madison St., 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. All are welcome. Come and share your fresh ideas and help find ways to help animals of Ottawa County.
● Fall rummage sale at Rossford United Methodist Church, 270 Dixie Hwy., 1-7 p.m. Sept. 19, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 20, and 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Sept. 21 with $3 bad day. Donations of items can be dropped off at the church, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday through Friday before Sept. 17. Church, 419-666-5323
● Caring for the Caregiver class at the Northwest Ohio Hospice’s Toledo Center, 800 S. Detroit Ave., 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on Sundays, Sept. 15, 22, and 29. Reservations: Sandy Garrison, 419-931-5356.
● The Church of St. Andrew United Methodist’s youth group hosting “Pets in Poverty” at 3260 Heatherdowns Blvd. near Byrne Road, noon-4 p.m. Sunday. Pets are welcome. Event featuring a blessing of pets, pet food drive to benefit Humane Ohio Pet Food Bank, vendors, and entertainment. Pet adoptions available. A performance by Sheltered Reality at 2 p.m.
● Almost Oktoberfest at SOMO Park, 4-11 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: sylvaniachamber.org/AlmostOktoberfest.aspx.
● Dealin’ for Dogs fund-raiser for Assistance Dogs for Achieving Independence at Tam O’Shanter, 7 p.m. Saturday. Details: dealinfordogs.com.
● Low-vision technology open house at Reynolds Corners Library, 4833 Dorr St., Wednesday. Free. Reservations: 419-867-1940 or 800-873-9359.
● Northwest Ohio Food Bank post member John Sinkovic will speak at the American Legion Post 335 meeting in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● St. Catherine of Siena Parish annual festival at 4555 North Haven Ave., 6 p.m. Friday, 4 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday.
● Vocal ensemble performance by Collaboration at Hope Lutheran Church, 2201 Secor Rd., 3 p.m. Sunday.
● Wood County Historical Center welcomes Lucy Long to speak at the Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Rd., Bowling Green, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Dr. Long, from the Center of Food and Culture, will speak on the journey of corn across Ohio as part of the Journey Stories speaker’s series. “Journey Stories” is a Smithsonian traveling exhibit at the county museum through Sunday. For details: 419-352-0967 or woodcountyhistory.org.