● The Wood County Historical Center and Museum along with BGSU will host German-American Day at the museum, 13660 County Home Rd. Event begins 7 p.m. Wednesday. Free and open to the public. Details: Geoffrey Howes, 419-372-7139 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Michael McMaster, 419-352-0967 or email@example.com.
● Clay Center Fire Social Association sponsoring Bingo at Clay Center Fire Station 2, 420 Main St., 7-10 p.m. Saturday. 419-855-7444.
● The Lake Athletic Boosters holding a Scrambles/Shambles golf outing at Chippewa Golf Club, 23550 State Route 579, 1 p.m. Sunday. Cost: $65 per golfer, includes dinner. Details: Ed Blank, 419-508-9693. Limited to first 28 teams.
● The Hungarian Club’s Hungarian arts/crafts and goulash dinner, 224 Paine Ave. (Birmingham Community), social at 5 p.m., dinner 6 p.m. Saturday. Dinner $20 per person. Reservations: 419-874-1060. Benefits Toledo-Szeged Committee’s Christmas project.
● Rummage and bake sale at the St. Joseph Altar Society, 2214 Manhattan St., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
● Brunner Campus’ Fall Festival, 1224 West St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Details: Joy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Toledo Astronomical Association conducting a public viewing at Beaver Creek Park, 23028 Long Judson Rd., 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday. Free and open to the public. Viewing dependent upon weather. Information: Frank S. Merritt, email@example.com, 419-535-8775, or toledoastronomy.org.
● Grand Rapids Historical Society’s Rhythm on the River Arts Series at Wright Pavilion, 4 p.m. Sunday. Meeting will precede at 3:45 p.m. Otsego Show Choir and Otsego High School Band will perform. Concert is free.
● Northwest Ohio Christian Writers Conference at Holland Free Methodist Church, 6605 Angola Rd., registration 8:30 a.m., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 19. “Secrets to Successful Freelancing” presented by editor and author Linda Taylor. Registration fee $55 and includes lunch if received by Oct. 7. $65 at the door. Call 419-882-3705.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for dinner at Woodville Diner, 1949 Woodville Rd., Oregon, 5 p.m. Oct. 10. Questions: 419-836-3811.
● Whitmer Girls of 1950 luncheon at Schoolhouse Commons, 8336 Secor Rd., 11:30 p.m. Oct. 10 and Dec. 12. Information: 734-854-2558.
● Art in the Barn at Serenity Farm Equestrian Center, 21870 Lemoyne Rd., 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 12. Advance ticket: $10; Paypal $12 at serenityfarm.org; or at the door $15. Details: 419-833-1308. Benefits therapeutic riding.
● Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet’s Amazin Grazin’ dinner and auction at the Pinnacle, 1772 Indianwood Circle, 7-10 p.m. Oct. 11. Reservation with payment by Friday to: Maumee Valley Save-A-Pet, 5250 Hill Ave., Toledo, 43615. Details: 419-537-9663 / maumeevalleysaveapet.org.
● “Medicare Made Simple” at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, Fellowship Hall, 200 E. Broadway St., 7 p.m. Oct. 8. Register at 419-893-0223.
● Northwest Ohio chiropractic physicians sponsoring a one-time at the Maumee Indoor TheatreDoctored showing of the documentary film , 601 Conant St., 7 p.m. Oct. 10. Admission $5 with all profits benefiting the Arthritis National Research Foundation. Tickets or DVDs available at local Northwest Ohio chiropractic physician offices. Details: nocachiro.org. Reservations: 419-346-7195.
● St. Joseph’s Community Center Fall Rummage sale, 120 W. Broadway St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 11 and 9 a.m.-noon Oct. 12. Clothing $2 per brown paper grocery bag and half price on other items on Oct. 12.
● Nettle Lake Music Jam at Nettle Lake United Brethren in Christ church, 18560 County Rd. 5-75, 6 p.m. Saturday. Details: Pastor Mike Wilder, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jack and Marilyn Mullins, email@example.com.
● Oregon Business and Professional Women presents prize bingo at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., doors open at 6 p.m., bingo 7-9 p.m. Oct. 10. Tickets: $5. Call Kathy, 419-693-6409 or Dolores, 419-693-8701.
● Women are invited to “A Purse Full of Pockets?” lunch and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. Oct. 10. Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611, or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Clay High School class of 1963 planning a reunion Oct. 18 and 19. Details: Joyce Himich Hauter, 419-270-1037; Brenda Osborne Fondessy, 419-283-8679, or Barry Ramlow, 419-693-7663.
● Toledo School for the Arts musical Oliver to support the Beach House at Owens Community College’s Center for Fine and Performing Arts, 30335 Oregon Rd., 7 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $14 adults; $8 for students/seniors and can be purchased by calling 419-246-8732, ext. 226.
● Family Fun Day and Dog Wash at Humane Society of Ottawa County, 2424 E. Sand Rd., 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Dog wash $8 a dog; $15 two dogs; and $20 three dogs; nail trim $5.
● United Community Church Festival and Rummage sale, 1301 Broadway St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● UTMC Community Cares Free Medical Clinic at the CedarCreek’s South Campus, 2150 S. Byrne Rd., 6-8 p.m. every Thursday. Women’s health available by appointment only. Tetanus and flu shots, dental assessments, and HIV testing. Details: utcommunitycare.org/patients, 419-482-8127.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. Oct. 7. “How to Keep Your Home Safe” by Special Agent Megan Anello, crime scene investigator.
● Jim Vassar Memorial Golf Tournament and Dinner at Spuyten-Duyval Golf Club, 9501 Central Ave., Saturday. Registration: www.vasmangolf.com.
● Holiday shopping extravaganza hosted by Women’s Connections West at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 11. $12 for the luncheon. Information: 419-535-5853.
● Fall card and game party at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 6149 Hill Ave., 1 p.m. Sunday. $8 per person. Information: 419-841-2157.
● Glass Mosaic Class sponsored by the Animal House Glass and the Waterville Area Arts Council at the Waterville Branch Library, 800 Michigan Ave., 1-3 p.m. Oct. 12. Ages 8 years and up. Cost: $30. Registration forms at Silver Lining Gallery, 122 Mechanic St., and the library. Registration deadline Oct. 8.
● Fundraiser luncheon for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Toledo held at the Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., noon Friday. Kelly Sheehan, local glass artisan and owner of Kellfireglass, will speak. Information: www.bgctoledo.org.
● Rummage sale at Congregation Etz Chayim, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 6-7.
● Southern Gospel Music Ministry concert at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 4030 Douglas Rd., 7 p.m. Saturday. $10. Information: 419-473-1294.
● 49th annual Commandress Ball at Best Western Premier Grand Plaza Hotel ,444 N. Summit St., 6-10 p.m. Oct. 12. Information: 419-213-3026.
● Attorney Debbie Papay will speak at the American Legion Post 335 in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Information: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Rummage and bake sale at Collingwood United Methodist Church, 701 Phillips Ave., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
● Record show at St. Clement Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday.
● West Toledo Book Group meeting at Eleanor Kahle Senior Center, 1315 Hillcrest Ave., 2 p.m. Thursday.
● The Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., hours are 1 -4 p.m. Monday, noon-3 p.m. Wednesdays, and 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays during October.
● Scarecrow Contest deadline Oct. 7. Register at 419-353-1897 or woodcountyparkdistrict.org.
● Scarecrow Workshop on the front lawn of the Wood County Historical Museum, 13660 County Home Rd., Bowling Green, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 8. Register 419-353-1897 or woodcountyparkdistrict.org.
● The Toledo Submariners Scuba Club is hosting a Grand Reunion of all members past and present in Oregon on Saturday. Reservations call Mike Schabeck, 419-841-7528 by Wednesday.