Two small children were hurt Wednesday in a house fire on Geneva Avenue near South Avenue in South Toledo.
According to residents of the home at 538 Geneva St., six adults and three children were asleep in the home shortly before 11 a.m. when a fire broke out in a first-floor bedroom.
Two of the children — a 4-year-old girl and a 10-month-old girl — were burned and were taken to a local hospital. Their parents are Matt and Shanice Hester. Firefighters are investigating
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.