Loading…
Thursday, July 31, 2014
Current Weather
Loading Current Weather....
HomeNewsLocal
Published: Friday, 2/21/2014

Toledo Club evacuated after pool chemicals cause reaction

14th Street was initially closed but has since reopened

BLADE STAFF

 

Emergency crews respond to a reported chemical leak at the Toledo Club.
Emergency crews respond to a reported chemical leak at the Toledo Club.
THE BLADE/LORI KING Enlarge | Buy This Photo

The Toledo Club was evacuated for about three hours Friday and part of 14th Street was closed temporarily after swimming-pool chemicals were involved in a chemical reaction.

Two club employees suffered exposure, with one treated at the scene and the other taken to a hospital for evaluation, Toledo Fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said.

Firefighters were summoned to the building at 235 14th St., near Madison Ave., about 3:05 p.m. after staff handling a pool chemical containing chlorine transferred it from one container to another, triggering a reaction that released vapor, the lieutenant said. It was not reported what might have reacted with the chlorine.



Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. If a comment violates these standards or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report abuse. To post comments, you must be a Facebook member. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.

Related stories


Points of Interest






Poll