Pool chemicals caused a reaction inside Uptown club.
Emergency crews respond to a reported chemical leak at the Toledo Club.
The Toledo Club was evacuated for about three hours Friday and part of 14th Street was closed temporarily after swimming-pool chemicals were involved in a chemical reaction.
Two club employees suffered exposure, with one treated at the scene and the other taken to a hospital for evaluation, Toledo Fire Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said.
Firefighters were summoned to the building at 235 14th St., near Madison Ave., about 3:05 p.m. after staff handling a pool chemical containing chlorine transferred it from one container to another, triggering a reaction that released vapor, the lieutenant said. It was not reported what might have reacted with the chlorine.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.