● Good Vibrations Drum Circle at Maumee Valley Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 20189 N. Dixie Hwy., 7-8:30 p.m. May 24. Extra percussion instruments available. Details: 419-885-1162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Spaghetti dinner fund-raiser for Melissa Bitkowski at VFW Post 4906, 2161 Consaul St., noon-6 p.m. Sunday. Gift basket raffle, 50/50, kids crafts. Fund-raiser to help with costs of rare chronic inflammatory disease or granulomatosis polyangitis. For details or donations contact: Mary Beth, 419-514-2259 or email@example.com.
● East Toledo Senior Center clothing drive, 1001 White St., today through Friday. Accepting donations (cloth or leather, including purses, shoes, linens, etc.). Half semi trailer in the parking lot for drop off. Details: 419-691-2254.
● Harris-Elmore Library: 328 Toledo St.; Summer Reading Program from May 30 through July 29 with Storytime for preschoolers, 11 a.m. Tuesdays and elementary storytime at 1 p.m. Tuesdays. Both programs include snacks and crafts. Details: 419-862-2482.
● Birchard Public Library: 423 Croghan St.; Crochet Connection, 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday; Third Thursday Movie Group, 1:30 p.m. Thursday; Lego Challenge, kindergarten to 6th grade, 4:30-6 p.m. Thursday; Register: Bridget at 419-334-7101 ext. 209.
● Free Marriage Conference at Lemoyne Baptist Church, 25020 Bradner Rd., four sessions, May 27-28. First session “The Heartless Marriage,” 7 p.m. May 27. Sessions two to four will be 9:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., noon (free lunch), and 1 p.m. May 28. For details: 419-697-0009.
● Genoa Branch Library programs: 602 West St.; Summer Reading Program from May 30 through July 29 with Storytime for preschoolers, 11 a.m. Wednesdays and Elementary storytime at 1 p.m. Wednesdays. Both programs include snacks and crafts. Details: 419-855-3380.
● Gibsonburg Public Library: 100 N. Webster St.; Adult book discussion, 6:30 p.m. May 22 with The Shack by William P. Young; Register, 419-637-2173.
● Monroe County Opportunity Program Representatives are at the Monroe Senior Citizens Center every other Tuesday — wtih the next date being May 23 from 10 a.m to noon, 15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe. Representatives help with applying for food assistance, as well as getting home care, personal care, home chore, and transportation assistance. They assist with applying for tax credits, housing, and Medicare Part D. To schedule an appointment: 734-241-0404.
● Monroe County Caregiver Summit, Monroe Senior Citizens Center, 15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe. Music Therapy Program at 9:30 a.m. Monday through the end of summer with instructor Dianne Newberry, a board certified music therapist. Pilot program will help determine if music helps with memory issues in those who are aging as well as those with dementia. Information: 734-240-3290.
● Bedford Artists Club Spring Art Show through Tuesday, Bedford Branch Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance. Art work for sale after Tuesday. Contact the library for hours. Information: 734-854-1958.
● Give ‘n Take Plant Exchange in a tent at Dustin Road and Harbor Drive, plant drop off 9-10 a.m., shopping and pick up 10-11 a.m. Saturday. Participants are to bring extra plants to trade for other plants. Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-913-3337.
● Way Public Library programs: 101 E. Indiana Ave.; Reel Opinions presents Jackie Robinson, by Ken Burns, 10:30 a.m. Thursday; Reel Art season final selection Only When I Dance, a documentary in Portuguese with English subtitles, 7 p.m. Friday, adults only; Mercy Health Better Living Speaker Series about Joint Pain with Dr. Brad Morse, 2 p.m. May 24; Home Buying 101: What You Need to Know, 7 p.m. May 24 with realtors, Jeff Studer, Joy Studer, and Jake Studer of Esquire of Danberry Realtors, and Alan Tinney of Waterford Bank. All events are free. Details: 419-874-3135, extension 351.
● Northwest Ohio Writer’s Forum meeting at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. All writers and prospective writers are welcome. Free.
● Walbridge Park Neighbors Block Watch meeting at the Walbridge Park Shelter House, 2761 Broadway St., 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday. Guest speaker, Bob Vasquez, director of external affairs at the Toledo Zoo. Topic: New improvements and animals in and around the zoo area.
●Motown’s The Contours to perform their hit “Do You Love Me,” in a free concert 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Sylvania Tam-o-Shanter, 7060 Sylvania Ave. Box lunch for those 60 and over available for $5. Lunch tickets can be purchased in advance at the Area Office on Aging, 2155 Arlington Ave. Information: 419-382-0624 or www.areaofficeonaging.com.
● Toledo Woman’s Club Book Sale & Granny’s Attic, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday to Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Woodley Professional Center, 3829 Woodley Rd., Suite B 8.
● Euchre Tournament PRCUA Toledo Club, 7 p.m. Friday, 5255 N. Detroit Ave. Entry fee: $6.
● Spartanville Food Truck Festival, 3-8 p.m. Saturday, Start High School, 2010 Tremainsville Rd. Hosted by KISS-FM 92.5 and 94.9. Events for children and adults.
● Toledo Polish Genealogical Society meeting, 10 a.m. Saturday, St. Michael’s School, 420 Sandusky St. Show and tell. Take pictures, holy cards, and collections to share. All are welcome.
● Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo meeting, 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Wernerts Corners Civic Hall, 5068 Douglas Rd. Bring exhibit. Information: 419-666-5176.
● East Toledo Senior Activities Center Dinner Theatre Variety Show, 6 p.m. Saturday, 1001 White St. Dinner at 6 p.m., show at 7 p.m. Cost: $15. For information or to purchase tickets: 419-691-2254.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association luncheon, noon, May 25, Radisson Hotel, 3100 Glendale Ave. Theresa Hoen of Hoen’s Greenhouse speaking. Reservations due by Wednesday. Send check, made out to LCRTA for $19.75, to Robert Fetter, 7803 Shaftesbury Dr., Sylvania, 43560.
● Help us Help you Support Systems Fund-raiser, 9 p.m. to midnight, June 3, Frederick Douglass Community Center, 1001 Indiana Ave. Ballroom dance lesson, auction, and dancing. Proceeds for a clean and sober club to fight heroin addiction. Cost: $10. Information: 419-392-6142; 419-975-6780; or 419-260-3153.
● Free Dental Cleanings and Screenings for Adults age 50 and older, 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursdays, Mercy Health Senior Wellness Center, 545 Indiana Ave. Completed application and appointments required. Information: Tiffany Paris, 419-251-8930.
● Westbrook Senior Village Block Watch meetings 6:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month except December. Information: 419-540-3911 or 567-742-4180.
● Clothe Our Neighbors at Trilby United Methodist Church, 5918 Secor Rd. Clothing bank open every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Carry picture ID, proof of residency, and Social Security numbers for children. Information: 419-297-5590.
● First Presbyterian Church of Waterville rummage sale, 611 Farnsworth Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Information: 419-878-2806.
● Waterville Branch Library: 800 Michigan Ave.; Homeschooling Book Bunch, ages 8-15, 2-3 p.m. Wednesday; Pokemon Trading Card event, kindergarten to 8th grades, 10-11 a.m. Saturday; OTAKU Anime Club, teens grades 6-12, 2-3 p.m. Saturday; Volunteen Training, teens, 4:30-6 p.m. May 24; Classic Movie Afternoon, adults, 2-4:30 p.m. May 24 and 10 a.m. May 27, It Happened One Night starring Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, directed by Frank Capra; Register: 419-878-3055.
● Whitehouse Library: 10651 Waterville St.; Summer Reading kick-off for pre-kindergarten through teens, theme “Build a Better World,” 11 a.m.-noon Saturday. Register, 419-877-9088.
● Woodville Public Library: 101 E. Main St.; Tips for crocheting small stuffed animals, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Register: 419-849-2744.
● Start High School Class of 1977 Reunion, 7 p.m. July 29, Nick & Jimmy’s on Monroe Street. Facebook reunion page. R.S.V.P.
● Sylvania Northview and Southview High Schools Class of 1977 40th Reunion, June 23-24. Informal gathering Friday night at the Village Inn in Sylvania, and Saturday at Shorty’s Back Forty. Information: Facebook page, Sylvania Reunion Class of 1977 or Sylvaniaclassof77reunion.com.
● Central Catholic High School class of 1967 50th Reunion, June 23-24. Information: Jackie Wilczynski 419-266-4663 or email@example.com.
● St. John the Baptist Class of 1966 reunion June 17. For details: Linda Maynard, 419-322-5369 or Betty Swat Masiulaniec, 419-349-8218.
● Libbey Cowboys Class of 1987 30th Reunion seeks classmates contact information at Libbeycowboys87@gmail.com or Libbeycowboys87@yahoo.com. A Facebook page will be created.
● Start High School Class of 1967 Reunion is Oct. 14. Classmates may register and get information online at startclassof67.com. No paper invitations will be sent.
● Woodward High School Class of 1967 50th Reunion. Call Cheryl Meileck Phillips, 419-754-6158, Carl Nillson, 419-865-7031, or Jim Gregory, 419-726-2029.
● Waite High School Class of 1967 50th Reunion, Aug. 26. See Waite Class of 1967 on Facebook for details or call 419-693-2248 or 419-836-7413. Invitations will be mailed out in late spring.
● Rogers High School Class of 1967 50 year Reunion, 5:30 p.m. Aug. 19, Brandywine Country Club. Classmates, friends, teachers RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, Marsha (White) Degens at 419-381-7606, or Marcia (Bowers) Ruegsegger at 419-277-6229.
● Bowsher High School 1967 50 year Reunion, Sept. 9. Details at www.bowsher67.com or 419-385-3451.
● Macomber/Whitney Class of 1956 61st Reunion, 4 p.m. July 29, Bay View Yacht Club. Graduates of 1950 through 1962 are also invited as well as any other members of Macomber/Whitney graduates. Reservations required. Information: 419-385-2292.
● DeVilbiss High School Class of 1972 45th year Reunion, Aug. 5, at Highland Meadows Golf Club, Sylvania. Information: Andrea Stengel at email@example.com.
● USS WASP Association 2017 Reunion, Sept. 10-14, at the Pensacola Grand Hotel, 200 E. Gregory St., Pensacola, Fla., $150 registration fee. Make reservations directly with the hotel by calling: 850-433-3336. For information on the reunion: Rufus Wallace, 419-836-3283.
● Heroin Hurts ... Hope Heals support group for families of addicts at Park Place House, 7805 Angola Rd., Springfield Township, 7-8:15 p.m. first Monday of every month. Details: 419-250-3132.
● Solace of Lucas County support group for those who have lost a loved one to drugs at the Dwelling Place, 8201 Angola Rd., Springfield Township, 7-8:15 p.m. second Tuesday of every month. Details: 419-250-3132.
● Prostate Cancer Support Group at Mercy St. Anne Hospital 2nd Floor-Cancer Center Library, 3404 W. Sylvania Ave., 6:30 p.m. fourth Monday of every month. For details, call: Roger, 419-346-2753 or Ernie 419-344-9830.
● Frogtown Low-Vision Support Group at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon first Wednesday of every month. Reservations: Paul or Jan Rachow at 419-867-8007 or frogtownvision.org.
● TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) 1648 support group meetings, 9:30-11 a.m. every Monday. Location/cost/details: 419-242-6789.
● Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous meetings at Epworth United Methodist Church’s Room 206, 4855 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m. Mondays. Contact Joyce, 419-699-1007 or visit foodaddicts.org.
● Family Cancer Support Group at Mercy Health St. Anne Hospital, second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Cancer Center Library, 3404 W. Sylvania Ave. Information: 419-865-0659 or 419-754-1277.
● PAL (Parents of Addicted Loved Ones), a faith-based support group at Calvary Church, 1360 Conant St., Maumee, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Participants must be 18 or older. Details: 419-893-2171 or see palgroup.org.
● Family After Addiction or Death (F.A.A.D.)/Team Recovery: Support Group for families and anyone dealing with addiction, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Toledo Hospital Jobst Tower Auditorium, 2142 N. Cove Blvd. and Thursdays Epworth United Methodist, 4855 Central Ave. Information: 419-561-5433.
● S.A.F.E.: Supporting Addict Families Everywhere, for anyone affected by a loved one’s addiction, 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sundays, Rescue Crisis, 3350 Collingwood Blvd. Information: 419-304-7034.
● Caregiver Classes, second Wednesday of each month, Swanton Health Care & Retirement Center, 214 S. Munson Rd. Information: 419-825-1145.
● Donna’s Village Grief Support Group, first and third Wednesday of each month from 6 to 7:30 p.m., St. Mark Lutheran Church, 611 Woodville Rd. Information: 419-460-3122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● 12-Step Program for Families and Friends of Addicts, Nar-Anon groups meeting: 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Harvest Lane Alliance Church, 5132 Harvest Lane and 10-11 a.m. Saturdays, Unity of Toledo, 3535 Executive Pkwy. Information: 248-408-1853, 419-392-2420, or email@example.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.