Each week during the construction season, The Blade’s Road Warrior highlights the major construction projects in Toledo and the surrounding area, noting where delays are worst and where the best alternative routes are.
Short-term pavement repairs will require lane closings on westbound I-475 on Monday night, including closing the ProMedica Parkway entrance there, the Ohio Department of Transportation announced.
The work is slated to start at 8 p.m., end by 6 a.m. Tuesday, and close lanes after Central/Upton avenues.
Later this fall, ODOT expects nighttime resurfacing on I-475 between I-75 and Douglas Road to address pavement cracks that developed after the freeway was rebuilt early this decade. That work will be done in concert with final paving on I-75 between I-475 and Lagrange Street, officials said.
In Findlay, bridge-beam setting will require traffic interruptions on southbound I-75 during the day Tuesday and during the wee hours Friday. The traffic “slowing” will be accompanied by short-term southbound entrance closings.
And from 8 p.m. Thursday until 6 a.m. Friday, pavement repairs will require lane closings on I-280 just north of Greenbelt Parkway and between Wales and Curtice Roads. The Greenbelt exit from southbound I-280 will be temporarily closed.
The Michigan Department of Transportation, meanwhile, reached a milestone for its I-75 bridge project south of Detroit over the weekend when it reopened the southbound lanes south of Outer Drive.
The section from the Ambassador Bridge to Outer will remain closed to through traffic until November, but reopening the south end reestablishes I-94 to Southfield Road as an option for heading south out of Detroit.
1. I-75: Reconstruction and widening between I-475 and Lagrange closes all ramps at Jeep Parkway except the northbound exit, plus southbound entrance at Phillips. Detour to nearby interchanges. ProMedica Parkway ramp at eastbound I-475 leads to I-75 southbound only. Off-peak lane closings possible on I-75 through the zone. Haverhill Drive closed for street reconstruction.
2. I-75: Nighttime (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings at Indiana for bridge reconstruction. Southbound exit to Washington Street reduced to one lane.
3. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): Two inbound lanes and one outbound lane closed between Western and Collingwood for bridge replacement. City Park closed on both sides of the Trail.
4. State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Lanes closed on Monroe between Collingwood and Erie for resurfacing. Monroe closed to through traffic at Erie during intersection reconstruction and sewer repair; use Washington instead between Michigan and Erie.
5. State Rt. 25 (Erie): Lane closings on Erie from Lafayette to Cherry for resurfacing. Superior Street, a potential alternative route, is closed at Jefferson and partially closed at Jackson for sewer construction, as are Jefferson and the westbound lanes of Jackson at those intersections.
6. Bancroft Street: Lane closings, Westwood to Secor, for street reconstruction.
7. State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Lane closings, Talmadge to Harvest, for water line work.
8. U.S. 24: Lane closings, Waterville-Monclova to Stitt, for resurfacing.
9. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): One of three lanes closed between South and Glendale for repair and resurfacing until early October. A second lane may be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. nightly except Saturday nights.
10. State Rt. 579: Closed to through traffic between State Rt. 51 and the Ottawa County line for bridge replacement through October. Use State Rt. 2 or State Rt. 163 instead.
11. State Rt. 184 (Alexis): Lane closings for resurfacing and drainage work between Flanders and Acres roads in Sylvania through December.
12. I-475/U.S. 23: Nighttime lane closings on the southbound side for barrier-wall construction just north of Central Avenue through Sept. 16.
13. I-475: Nighttime lane closings and ramp restrictions possible on westbound side near Talmadge for culvert repair.
14. State Rt. 65 (Summit): Lane closings, Lagrange to Jackson, for resurfacing.
OFF THE MAP
I-75 (Ohio): Reduced speed limits and nighttime lane closings through Findlay for reconstruction and widening. Northbound exit to U.S. 68/State Rt. 15 closed until 2020. Northbound exit at U.S. 224 closed; use State Rt. 12 instead. Nighttime lane closings possible near Bowling Green for interchange work at State Rts. 64/105. Lane closings south of Findlay, between the State Rt. 235 and Bentley Road interchanges, for bridge work and pavement repair.
U.S. 6: Closed for bridge repairs east of Fremont, between Sandusky County roads 222 and 312, until early November. Detour via State Rt. 53 and State Rt. 2. Flag zones for resurfacing between State Rts. 49 and 2 in Williams County. Side roads may be closed at some intersections during work.
U.S. 20: Flag zones for resurfacing between the two State Rt. 108 intersections through August.
U.S. 23: Scattered lane closings in Monroe County for concrete pavement patching.
U.S. 24: Lane closings between Napoleon and the Henry/Defiance county line for resurfacing through September.
U.S. 68: Closed for reconstruction on the north side of Arlington through early November. Southbound traffic is detoured via State Rt. 15, U.S. 23, and U.S. 30, and northbound traffic is detoured via U.S. 30, State Rt. 235, and I-75.
U.S 127/State Rt. 15: Highway closed at U.S. 6 in Williams County for pavement repair through early September. Detour via State Rts. 249, 2, 576, and 34. U.S. 127 also closed between Williams County roads M and M50 for culvert work; use State Rt. 66 instead between U.S. 20 and U.S. 20A.
State Rt. 15: Occasional lane closings near State Rt. 330 in Vanlue for bridge work.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.