Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. GOP VOTERS MOSTLY CHOOSE MILDER CONSERVATIVES
Tuesday’s primary elections show Republicans are avoiding previous mistakes and trying to improve their chances of controlling the Senate during President Barack Obama’s final two years in office.
2. WHAT THAILAND’S MILITARY IS TRYING TO ACHIEVE
The country’s army chief is mediating between political rivals to overcome the deadlock that led to imposing martial law.
3. 9/11 MUSEUM OFFICIALLY OPENS, WITH COUNSELORS AT THE READY
The attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, are still raw memories for many, so features like easy exits, warning signs for the most intense exhibits and even boxes of tissues have been incorporated into displays.
4. WHO IS BEING COURTED BY THE WNBA
The women’s basketball league is the first in the U.S. to market specifically to the LGBT community with a message of inclusion and pride.
5. BEIJING TAKES ADVANTAGE OF SOUTHEAST ASIA’S LACK OF UNITY
As China plows into disputed areas, countries like Vietnam may protest, but not with the expectation that any of its neighbors will ride shotgun.
6. POPE’S VISIT TO HOLY LAND COMES AS CHRISTIAN EXODUS RISES
The region where Christianity was born is seeing a dramatic dwindling of the faith’s followers.
7. ANGELINA JOLIE SAYS BOKO HARAM MUST FACE JUSTICE
The Hollywood star, whose anti-hero film “Maleficent” opens next week, says the world needs to fight to free the kidnapped Nigerian school girls.
8. AUTHORITIES SAY ACTOR TOLD 911 DISPATCHER HE SHOT HIS WIFE
Michael Jace, who played a police officer on the hit TV show “The Shield,” has been arrested.
9. RIDING ‘HORSES OF GOD’ TO A PLACE SOME CALL PARADISE
A film follows the path of four men from their Moroccan slum to a destiny as suicide bombers in its examination of the other side of a terrorist attack.
10. WHERE THE COLD WON’T STOP THE SUPER BOWL FESTIVITIES
Minneapolis, which is hosting football’s biggest night in 2018, is determined to show the nation how winter can be fun.