Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. FANS, STARS STUNNED AT ROBIN WILLIAMS’ DEATH
The Oscar-winning comedian, who died in an apparent suicide, battled substance abuse and depression for years.
2. POLICE AND DEMONSTRATORS CLASH IN ST LOUIS SUBURB FOR SECOND NIGHT AFTER SHOOTING
Officers use tear gas and “beanbag rounds” to disperse hundreds, some of whom threw rocks, protesting the killing of an unarmed black teenager.
3. US URGES QUICK FORMATION OF IRAQI GOVERNMENT
Kerry says Washington is ready to provide significant aid to Iraq in its fight against Islamic State militants and calls on Baghdad to form an inclusive administration.
4. WHAT’S SPARKING HOPE FOR LATEST MIDEAST TALKS
Hamas is signaling that it will have more modest goals in the current round of negotiations aimed at ending the month-long war with Israel, but gaps remain.
5. WHERE ASBESTOS IS NOT A SCOURGE
India is the world’s largest importer of the dangerous mineral which is outlawed in much of the developed world.
6. PRAIRIE GRASS MAY HELP AVIATION SAFETY
An Ohio airport is using a creative experiment to prevent the collision of heavy birds and airplanes.
7. SPANISH MISSIONARY DOCTOR INFECTED WITH EBOLA DIES
The 75 year-old man who may have received an experimental drug to treat the deadly disease was evacuated from Liberia last week.
8. RUSSIAN ASSISTANCE CONVOY HEADS TO EASTERN UKRAINE
Trucks carrying 2,000 tons of aid leaves Russia a day after an agreement is reached on the relief mission.
9. HOW CLINTON IS DISTANCING HERSELF FROM OBAMA
The ex-secretary of state may not have declared whether she’s running for president, but she’s criticizing Obama’s cautious approach to global crises.
10. TONY STEWART, CRASH VICTIM SHARED RACING BOND
Both the NASCAR star and the driver he struck loved sprint cars - high-powered, winged vehicles built for running on short oval or circular dirt and paved tracks.