AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — The Detroit Pistons have officially announced the signings of Italian forward Luigi Datome and guard Will Bynum.
The Pistons agreed about a week ago to a $3.5 million, two-year contract with Datome, who has played professionally in Italy since 2003. The 25-year-old Datome is 6-foot-8 and has been a member of the Italian national team since 2007.
Datome was named Italian League MVP with Roma in 2013, averaging 16.7 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. He shot 41.5 percent from 3-point range.
Datome hopes he can provide steady outside shooting for a Detroit team that already has promising big men Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond, and signed free agent forward Josh Smith last week.
Bynum appeared in a career-high 65 games for Detroit last season.
- Pistons erase 19-point deficit in 3rd to beat Bulls 107-91
- Jackson has 23 points, 20 assists, leads Pistons to win
- Knicks top sluggish Pistons 121-115 in double OT
- Drummond, Dinwiddie lead thin Pistons past Bulls 100-91
- Spurs ease into All-Star break with 104-87 win over Pistons