For many years, Lourdes University has enjoyed a close collaborative relationship with the Catholic Diocese of Toledo.
“Bishop Blair has frequently presided over our Baccalaureate liturgy that precedes Commencement and he also celebrated the liturgy at our presidential inauguration this fall. However, it is through our academic areas that the collaboration and partnership between Lourdes University and the Catholic Diocese of Toledo has flourished,” shares Mary Arquette, Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Over the years, Lourdes has partnered with the Toledo Catholic Diocese on a number of initiatives, including:
• College of Education & Human Services
• Catholic Elementary Religion Teacher Certificate
• Catholic High School Religion Teacher Certificate
• Catholic School Principal – Master / Licensure Program
• Catholic School Principal Certificate Program
• Catholic School Principal Alternative Licensure Program
• Partnership for Catholic Education
• Pathwise training for Catholic teachers
• Professional Development School Partnership with CCMT Schools
• Professional Development and Consultative Services for Catholic Schools
• College of Nursing
• Community-based nursing clinicals at Madonna Homes
• Community-based clinical nursing education within Diocesan schools
• Graduate School
• Catholic Educator's Scholarship
Now, thanks to a generous gift from the Diocese, Lourdes is establishing a new program known as the “Endowed Chair in Education: Catholic Principals’ Academy” that will prepare educators to serve as principals in area Catholic schools. The program will also support the Diocese in its mission to sustain Catholic school education through leadership development and will focus on the administrative, instructional, and spiritual dimensions of a Catholic school leader.
Last spring, Lourdes launched the Principals’ Academy, a component of its Educational Leadership concentration in the Master of Education program. Through the Principals’ Academy, educators can earn their Master of Education degree as well as achieve their Ohio Department of Education principal licensure. It is unique in that it only enrolls students through direct sponsorship with partner schools.
“We’re excited to partner with Lourdes on this important venture for the formation of Catholic school leaders. Effective leadership is critical to the success of any organization, and by combining and maximizing our resources with Lourdes we are confident that schools throughout the Diocese will have high quality Catholic leaders for years to come,” shares Christopher Knight, Catholic Schools Superintendent.