A quick, easy dinner that can be prepared with spaghetti that‘s either left over or freshly cooked.
Pan-Fried Spaghetti with Olives, Tomatoes, and Swiss Chard
From Mary Bilyeu
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups pre-cooked whole wheat spaghetti cut into 2" lengths
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large leaves Swiss chard, cut into 3" strips
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
Melt the oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the mixture just starts to bubble, add red pepper flakes, garlic, spaghetti, salt, and pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chard, olives, and tomato; cook for 1 minute.
Divide among 2 serving plates and sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 2 generously.
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to food@theblade or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.