● Chancel choir cantata performance presented by Sylvania First United Methodist Church, 7000 Erie St. 9 and 11 a.m., Dec. 23. A free breakfast will be served between services. Information: 419-882-2205.
● 2012 holiday concert series at the Toledo Main Library in the Wintergarden, 325 Michigan St., Dec. 12-14 and 19-21. All performances are from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Call for information and scheduled performers: 419-259-5200.
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month. Information: 419-459-4985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● A Political Tribute to James H. Brennan, Sr. opening at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Main Library, 325 Michigan St., open until Dec. 31. The display is free and open to the public during normal library hours. Information: 419-259-5266.
● Children’s art classes at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Dr., 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Sponsored by the Toledo Artists’ Club. Call for registration: 419-841-8153.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association holiday luncheon to be held at the Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St., 12 p.m. Thursday. Valet parking available. Reservations and a fee of $18.75 are due by Dec. 7. Information and how to make reservations: 419-754-3751.
● 5th annual cookie walk hosted by St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Cathedral, 3754 Woodley Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Buy traditional and ethnic cookies by the pound. Information: 419-475-7054.
● Family Christmas movie night hosted by Calvary United Methodist Church, 3939 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m. Friday. Free event and open to the public. Information: 419-472-9232.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Wednesday. Free admission and parking. Information: 419-320-8631.
● Cookie walk at Blessed Sacrament Church, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Homemade cookies and candy will be offered for sale along with coffee. Information: 419-470-0246.
● Neighborhood food pantry grand opening at St. Lucas Lutheran Church, 745 Walbridge Ave., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday. The thrift shop will be open, and a light lunch will be available. Information: 419-724-5280.
● First annual God, Flag, and Country Oratory program contest at the Eagles Lodge, 304 Main St., 2 p.m. Saturday. The contest is open to students 10-15 years old, in which each student may speak up to three minutes about any one of the topics on the program. Information: 419-822-3736 or email@example.com.
● Christmas grieving seminar in the Pope John Room of St. Caspar Parish, 1205 North. Shoop Ave., 7 p.m. today. Learn to support others who are in the midst of the grief process. Information: 419-337-2322.
● Santa at the Wauseon Depot, Dec. 14, 6:30-8 p.m., Dec. 15-16, 2:30-4 p.m., Dec. 17-21, 6:30-8 p.m., and Dec. 22-23, 2:30-4 p.m. Sponsored by the Wauseon Rotary Club and Fire Department. Information: 419-337-7922 or www.fultoncountyhs.org.
● Second annual Wassail Festival in downtown Blissfield, 5-8 p.m. Friday. The event begins at Mohr’s Barber Shop, 112 South Lane St. Information: 517-486-3642.
● Machine Embroidery Guild (MEG) meetings are the second Saturday of each month at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd., 11 a.m. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meeting held the second Thursday of every month at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. Visitors welcome. Details: 734-850-8888.
● How to Get Healthy presentation on Arthritis at the Heartland Rehabilitation Facility, 7577 Secor Rd #1, noon-1 p.m. Wednesday. Light lunch will be served. Information and reservations: 419-897-9822.
● Friends of Companion Animals Open House at the Monroe Factory Shops, 14500 LaPlaisance, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Refreshments will be offered, along with drawings for door prizes.
● Silver Bells and Diamonds holiday show with Monroe County Community College, at the La-Z-Boy Center, 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $23 for reserved seating. Event information and tickets: 734-384-4201 or www.monroeccc.edu/theater.
● Presentation and roundtable talk on senior caregivers at Frenchtown Senior Center, 2786 Vivian Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 17. Information and reservations: 734-243-6210.
● Pet photos with Santa at Victory Honda, 1605 North Monroe St., 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Cost of the photo is $10 and includes a frame. Information: www.monroespca.org.
● Collage concert auditions at Monroe County Community College’s La-Z-Boy Center, 6-9 p.m. Jan. 7. Information and auditions: 734-242-3095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Stateline Gun Show at the Williams County Fairgrounds, 619 East Main St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 15 and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 16. $3 admission. Buy, sell, or trade. Information: 419-737-2801.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Monroe Community College’s Cuisine 1300 Restaurant offers lunches in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, Mich., 11:30-11:45 a.m. Monday, Wednesday. The menu is American Bistro. Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs. Reservations: 734-384-4231 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash or personal checks only.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus fish fry, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 4:30-7 p.m. Friday. Menu: fried or baked fish, coleslaw, potato, applesauce, and desserts. Benefits the St. Vincent DePaul Society, also asking for boxed or canned good donations. Donation: $8 adults.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. every Friday. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Dial-a-Story at 419-822-5200 available 24 hours a day. Stories change every Monday.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Call for information.
● Guitar lessons 101, 1-2 p.m. every Saturday in December. Information: 360-420-7863.
● Quilt club, 5:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 7. Call for more information.
● Christmas party, 4:15 p.m. today. Bring a wrapped book for gift exchange. Call for information.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month. Registration required.
● Playgroup, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Craft Mondays, 6:30 p.m. today. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Financial empowerment sessions with Fifth Third Bank, 6 p.m. Dec. 17. Free and open to the public.
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
● The Hobbit teen party, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 20. Grades 6-12. Call for information and registration.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● One-on-one computer training, Mondays-Saturdays. Call for times.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Saturday chess players, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays. All skill levels welcome.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Book discussion, 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
● Open knitting, 6-8:45 p.m. today. All are welcome to attend.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm ups begin at 10:15 a.m.
● Puppet show, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Registration required.
● Genealogy club, 5:30-;8:30 p.m. Friday. Call for information.
● Crafts for kids, 1 p.m. Saturday. Grades 2-5 are invited to make a Christmas craft. Registration required.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Dundee Branch Library Book Club, every first Tuesday of the month. Call for information.
● Preschool Storytime, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11:30-12:30 Mondays.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
● Manic Monday, 3-4 p.m. today. Ages 13 and up.
● Holiday cookie exchange and craft evening, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Bring 4 dozen of your favorite cookies and a container to fill with cookies from fellow bakers. Supplies provided. Registration required and is for ages 18 and up. Call for information.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
● Silk scarf course, 6-8 p.m. today. Supplies provided in order to make a one of a kind silk scarf. Please wear old clothing and call for the list of required supplies.
● Homeschool computer classes, 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday. Call for information.
● Homework helpers, 3-5 p.m. Thursday. National Honor Society students will be on hand to tutor.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. US Highway 223, Adrian,.; 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call for information.
● LISD gaming program, 9:30 a.m.-noon Thursday. Call for information.
● Knitting group, 1-3 p.m. Saturday.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. every Tuesday. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
● Luna Pier book club, 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. New members welcome. Call for information.
● Movie night, 6 p.m. Friday. Registration required. Call for information.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● Homework helpers, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday.
● Hat knitting group, 6 p.m. Thursday. An open group where knitted items will be collected and given to local schools. Call for information.
● Collectible card game group, 11 a.m. Saturday. Come play Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym for adults, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m., first Thursday of every month.
Boosters, 12:30 p.m., first Tuesday of every month.
Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m., second Monday of every month.
Quilters, 12:30 p.m., second Tuesday of every month.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. first and third Fridays of each month. Free informational talks. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Quilting and sewing, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday, weekly.
Wellness clinic, 9:30-11:30 a.m. every other Monday.
Men’s Breakfast Club, 9-10:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Western Rounds, 9:30 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; E.O.P.A., 10:30 a.m.; quilters meeting, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic for 60 and up, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m.; Mah Jongg, 2:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Dr. and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every weekday.
Saturday: Video movie.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
A visit from 4-H Camp Palmer, 11 a.m. Today.
Christmas stories with Pat Nofzlger, 11 a.m. Dec. 19.
End of the year bingo, 11 a.m. Dec. 31.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Thursday.
Celebration of December birthdays, 10:45 a.m. Dec. 18.
Christmas party, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 20.
End of the year bingo, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 27.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Holiday meal planning, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Fayette School choirs performance, 11 a.m. Dec. 18.
The last bingo of the year, 11 a.m. Dec. 27.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Blood sugar and blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Wii Bowling League, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. every Friday.
Exercise class, 9:30 a.m. every Monday and Wednesday.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Friday.
Maumee Center Singers performance, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 19.
Ladder ball, 11 a.m. Dec. 21.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Dec. 28.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
A visit from Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Site council, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Maumee Center Singers, 11 a.m. Friday.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Dec. 28.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; water color class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center For Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Newsletter crew, 7 a.m. every third Monday of the month.
Wood Carvers, every Tuesday 6-8 p.m.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; ‘20/20’ club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; Bridge, 7 p.m.; Coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.