● Lenawee County Historical Society program “The Civil War-Gettysburg” presented by Pastor Keith Hunsinger in the museum’s auditorium, 110 E. Church St., 7 p.m. Nov. 21. Pastor Hunsinger will accompanied by Pastor David Brobston of Defiance. Free. Refreshments. Details: 517-265-6071.
● Ladie’s Auxiliary Craft Show at VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● Holiday wood-stove cooking at Providence Metropark’s Isaac Ludwig Mill, 13827 U.S. 24 West, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. Prepare, cook, and sample some holiday treats using a wood cook stove. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Cost: $5, reservations needed, 419-407-9701.
● Holland Springfield Spencer Township Historical Society meeting at the museum, 7145 Front St., 6:30 p.m. Nov. 21. Annual memberships are due.
● Gathering of Quilters meeting at the Holland Free Methodist Church, 6605 Angola Rd., doors open at 6:15 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. Nov. 21. Guest speaker Judy Warren Blaydon, teacher and quilt artist. Judi will offer a workshop “Individual Interpretations-Equal Diverse Designs,” on Nov. 22. Admission: $10 for nonmembers. Details: Kathy Deanda, 419-389-9956 or email@example.com.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for lunch at the Skillet, 101 S. Main St., Walbridge, 12:30 p.m. Thursday. Details: 419-836-3811.
● Humane Ohio’s Pet Photos with Santa fund-raiser at Lambertville Hardware, 8100 Secor Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 23. Optional Michigan and Ohio State props will be available. Also, a “Stuff the Dave White Chevrolet Trucks” pet food drive. Details: 419-266-5607.
● Boys and Girls Club of Toledo to host “The Border Battle Bash” tailgate at Parkway Plaza, 2592 Parkway Plaza, 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Friday. Featuring music by DJ Richie, tailgate-style food, beverages, raffles, and an auction of gridiron goodies. Former Cleveland Browns player Hanford Dixon will sign autographs. Tickets are $50 at: 419-241-4258 or borderbattlebash.com. Guests must be 21 years or older.
● Diabetes Awareness Day at Stautzenberger College’s Main Campus, 1796 Indian Wood Circle, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Nov. 20. Free.
● Caring Alternatives Inc.’s Moldova Mission Trip Fashion Fund-raiser, 2092 S. Custer, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Saturday. Premier Designs style session by Ali Hotchkiss. Goal is to develop anti-human trafficking and counseling programs for at-risk children in Moldova. Details: 734-242-8711 or caringalternatives.com.
● Fall Vendor/Craft Show Extravaganza at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds, 7870 W. State Rte. 163, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 23. Raffles. Details: Kathy Pratt, 419-567-0656. Proceeds from the sale of space benefits the American Cancer Society.
● Oregon Business and Professional Women’s Holiday Auction and Dinner at ProMedica Bay Park Hospital’s lower level, 2801 Bay Park Dr., dinner 6 p.m., auction 7 p.m. Nov. 21. Dinner: $13. Come for both or just auction. Reservations needed by Saturday. Carol, 419-693-6963.
● Area women are invited to “Fall Fantasy Fashion Frolic” lunch and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet noon Thursday. Special Feature: Betty Hill, owner of Change of Seasons with Style Show. Music/speaker: Karen Burkhart on “Breaking Up With Approval Seeking”. Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611, or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 business meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. Nov. 21.
● “JFK: One PM Central Standard Time” program presented by WGTE and Way Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 10:30 a.m. Nov. 21. Secrets of the Dead chronicles minute-by-minute the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Included in program will be moving memories from men and women who were there on the day. Discussion following screening. Free. Refreshments provided. Details: 419-874-3135 / waylibrary.info.
● Relay for Life of Ottawa informantional session at Our Guest Inn, 220 E. Perry St., 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday. Set up a team and make a difference in the battle against cancer. Raffles and refreshments. Details: 888-227-6446, extension 5205.
● Toledo Unleashed hosting a wine-tasting event at Caper’s Restaurant and Bar, 2038 S. Byrne Rd., 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday. Tickets: $35 in advance at toledounleashed.org/wine or $40 at the door. Proceeds to Toledo Unleashed, a nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing off-leash dog parks to the Toledo Area.
● VFW Post 3338 karaoke night, 2231 South Ave., 8 p.m.-midnight Saturday. Food provided, bring dessert to share. Details: 419-381-0153
● Fashion 2013-Lighting the Way for a Brighter Community dinner presented by the ProMedica St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary at Premier Catering, 4480 Heatherdowns Blvd., 4:30 p.m.-9 p.m. Nov. 19. A red-carpet treatment event, shopping, raffles, dinner, entertainment, and style show. Celebrity commentators are Mary Beth Zolik and Rick Woodell from 101.5 the River. Tickets: $40. Reservations: Jean Emery, 419-873-8324, or Betsy Maps at Betsy.Maps@ProMedica.org. Proceeds toward renovations of the children’s area.
● Roast pork and sauerkraut supper and bazaar at Trinity Lutheran Church, 4560 Glendale Ave., 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 21 and 22. Tickets: $10 adults; $5 children under 12 years. Drive-through, carry-out available.
● Bowsher class of 1973 reunion at Heather Downs Country Club, 3910 Heatherdowns Blvd., Nov. 29. Cost: $30 singles/$50 couples. Details: Lou Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-893-1249. Reservations needed. Make checks payable to: BHS 1973 Class Reunion, P.O. Box 1013, Perrysburg, OH 43552-1013.
● Quick-start Italian language class offered at the Sylvania Public Library, 6749 Monroe St., 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Mondays, Nov. 25 through Dec. 23. Free. Registration required; contact Liz, 419-944-2337 or email@example.com.
● Christmas bazaar and bake sale at the Regina Conference Center, 6832 Convent Blvd., 9:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 9:30 a.m.-noon Saturday.
● Woody Guthrie and Music From the Great Depression, event sponsored by the Waterville Historical Society at Wakeman Hall, 401 Farnsworth Rd., 7 p.m. Nov. 20. Leslie Poolos and Karen Herzberg, performing musicians. Free.
● St. Caspar’s Christmas House in the Parish Life Center, 1205 N. Shoop Ave. Sale from 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m. and fish fry dinner from 4:30 p.m.-7:15 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday; and Knights of Columbus breakfast and sale from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. Luncheons are 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
● Block Watch meeting for 520F and 520L at Blessed Sacrament Donnelly Center, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 7 p.m. today. Bring a canned good for the food pantry.
● Bird Study at Wildwood Preserve, Metroparks Hall, 5100 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Indoor discussion, sharing, learning, outdoor exploration, and bird identification skills. Cost: $3. Reservations: 419-407-9701.
● Renee Palacios, M.A., of Family House of Toledo will speak at the American Legion Post 335 meeting in the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., lunch 11:30 a.m., speaker 12:30 p.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Cancer awareness luncheon presented by the Calvary Baptist Church Women’s Ministry at 702 Collingwood Blvd., 10 a.m. Saturday.
● November-fest Feather Party at Little Flower Church’s O’Grady Community Center, 5522 Dorr St. at Olimphia Rd., 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. Saturday. Barbecue chicken dinner and pizza. Details: 419-537-6655.
● Maryse and Ramzy Mikhail Memorial Lecture with Dr. Juan Cole, expert on Middle East, in the Driscoll Center Auditorium at the University of Toledo, 2801 W. Bancroft St., 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Free public lecture titled “Youth Movements and the Arab Revolutions.” Details: mikhaillecture.wordpress.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Howl-n-Prowl at Wildwood’s Courtyard/Metz Visitor Center, 5100 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m.-8 p.m. Sunday. A special hike for dogs and their owners. Dogs must have shots, get along with other dogs, and be on a standard six foot lead. Cancelled if raining. Free. Reservations needed: 419-407-9701.
● Pilgrim’s Outreach Ministry homemade apple pie sale, 1375 W. Sylvania Ave., through Nov. 21. Asking donation per pie $9. Pies will be ready for pickup Nov. 24. To order: 419-478-6012.
● Honor Flight Benefit 50s/60s dance and spaghetti dinner at the American Legion, 6910 Providence St., dinner 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., dance 8 p.m.-midnight Saturday. Cash bar only. Donations: dinner/dance $15; dinner only $8 adults, $4 kids; and dance only $10. Questions: Jann, 419-875-6549 or 419-902-6964.
● Breakfast at the VFW Post 3338, 2231 South Ave., Toledo 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday. Menu: omelets, basic egg breakfast, and french toast. Cost: $4.25-$3.75; $2.50 for children, 419-381-0153.
● Big Breakfast at American Legion Post 384, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, 877-5171. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, potatoes, juice, and coffee. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $4 child.
● Breakfast at New Hope Christian Church, 2457 Holloway Rd., Holland, 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. Nov. 23. Cost: $7 adults; $4 children under 10 years. Details: 419-867-1535.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All-you-can-eat breakfast. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526 or fbcogt.com.
● Cuisine 1300 Restaurant at the Monroe County Community College in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, Michigan, 11:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, through Dec. 11 (closed Thursday and Friday and Nov. 27-29). Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs Kevin Thomas and Vicki LaValle. Affordable prices. By reservations only by calling 734-384-4231 between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash and personal checks only.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Alva N. Sidle Post 232 American Legion fish fry, 12580 S. River Rd., (State Rt. 295), Grand Rapids, 5-7 p.m. Friday. Cost: $10. All you can eat.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5 p.m.-7:45 p.m. Friday. Chicken, steaks, and shrimp also available for purchase. 419-666-7762.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. every Friday. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Dinners include fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). Also available: perch, steaks, chicken strips at various prices. 419-893-3821.
● Wedding-style chicken dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Nov. 21. Also on menu: kielbasa, mashed potatoes/gravy, pierogi, sweet-and-sour cabbage, vegetable, coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Duck soup and coffee cakes available for purchase. For delivery in Bedford Township area and south to Alexis Road call 419-509-1115 (before Nov. 21). Details: 734-847-5052.
● Lake Erie perch sandwich meal by the VFW Men’s Auxiliary Post 4906, 2161 Consaul St., beginning at 4 p.m. until sold out Nov. 22. Cost: $6. Carry-out available. Details: 419-698-4411.
● Chicken paprikas dinner at Grace United Methodist Church, 1463 W. Samaria Rd., Samaria, Mich., 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 22. Menu includes: chicken, spaetzles, green beans, coleslaw, cornbread, homemade rolls, dessert, and beverage. Cost: $9 adults; $4 children under 5 years. Take-out available. Details: 734-856-6430 or 734-856-3490.
● Turkey dinner and all the trimmings at the American Legion Post 135, 2404 W. Sylvania Ave., 5-7 p.m. Nov. 23. Includes dessert and salad bar. Details: 419-472-2455.
● The Rotary Club of Waterville Veteran’s Day pancake and sausage supper at the Waterville Primary School, 473 Sycamore Lane, Waterville, 5 p.m.-7 p.m. today. Cost: $6 adults; $4 children under 10. Veterans eat free. Tickets available at the door. Proceeds to Anthony Wayne and Otsego scholarship program and other community projects.
● Friday dinners at VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 4-7 p.m. Fridays. Cost between $7 and $8. Details: 419-697-4503.
At the library
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Food for Fines, patrons can pay for overdue fines with non-perishable food items, beginning Tuesday through the end of the year.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Food for Fines, patrons can pay for overdue fines with non-perishable food items, beginning Tuesday through the end of the year.
Maybee Branch Library
8060 Raisin St, Maybee, Mich.; 734-587-3680
● Windows 8 seminar, 9-11 a.m. Tuesday. Registration required.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Mouse maneuvers, 2-3 p.m. Thursday. Registration required.
● Basic internet, 2-3 p.m. Nov. 21. Registration required.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Downton Abbey discussion, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
● Using Social Media 6 p.m. Nov. 19.
● Microsoft Word Open Forum, 6 p.m. Nov. 21.
● Casino games workshops held on Nov. 25. Free.
Call for registration and information.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Adult book discussion 10 a.m. Thursday, led by Marty Kaback, topic The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan.
● Gobble Gobble Good for grades K-5, 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Celebrate Thanksgiving and turkeys with turkey tales, games, treats, and craft. Registration required.
● Swanton Public Library Board of Trustees monthly meeting, 7 p.m. Nov. 18.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Free eMedia classes held throughout November. Call for times and information.
● National Gaming Day celebration, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 16.Call for information.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Holiday Wreath Workshop 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Dec. 5. Fee: $13. Registration/payment due by Nov. 21, call library.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Music with Michael Buck, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Thanksgiving and fall discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 18.
Music with Jane Stiriz, 11 a.m. Nov. 20.
Archbold Fire Department, 11 a.m. Nov. 25.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Weeping Willow florists, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Pete Villalovos, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Stephanie Cornell, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Medicare discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 19.
Bulk foods discussion, 11 a.m. Nov. 22.
Erica Bidwell and Social Services meeting on elder abuse, 9 a.m. Nov. 26.
Stepping Out -The Next Step for You, a group for bereaved adults to get together outside of a support group to assist them in moving on in a positive way offered by Hospice of Northwest Ohio. Various days, times, locations. To register or for inquiries call 419-931-5196 and leave your name and phone number. Group coordinators will call you back to discuss your interests.
Good Grief: The First Step support group at First Presbyterian Church in the Fellowship Hall, 611 Farnsworth Rd., Waterville, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Thursday. Class provides participants a basic understanding of the experience of grief and loss. A light dinner provided ($3 donation). Advance registration required. To register or for details call Pastor Karen VanderPloey, 419-878-2806.
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous group meetings at Epworth United Methodist Church’s Room 206, 4855 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m. Mondays. Contact Joyce, 419-699-1007 or visit foodaddicts.org.
Supportive Spouses grief group, a five-session bereavement group for men and women adjusting to life without their mates at Hospice of Northwest Ohio’s Perrysburg Center, 30000 E. River Rd., Perrysburg, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Mondays, through Nov. 18. Free and open to anyone who has lost a mate. Advance registration required: Hospice of Northwest Ohio Bereavement Department, 419-661-4001.
Good Grief of Northwest Ohio, Inc. peer support groups for children, teens, and young adults who have experienced the death of someone significant in their lives at Church of the Cross United Methodist, 1806 Cass Rd., Toledo, every first and third Tuesday of the month. Advanced registration and orientation is required. If interested in becoming a volunteer or in attending session, call 419-360-4939. Details: goodgriefnwo.org.
GriefShare Program at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 13-week session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Nov. 26. Group is for those who have experienced the death of a family member or friend. For information and registration, call 419-893-0223.
DivorceCare Support Group at St. Ignatius Catholic Church Family Life Center, 212 N. Stadium Rd., Oregon, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays, through Dec. 2. Information: Call parish office 419-693-1150 or Marilyn, 419-698-4745.