● Bowling Green State University Choir Holiday Happiness benefit concert at the Bowling Green State University’s Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Lenhart Grand Ballroom, Thurstin St., 7 p.m. Dec. 12. Suggested donation: $5. Tickets available at Wood Lane Residential Services, 545 Pearl St., or at the door. Drop-off services available at the Union. Parking in Lot E (Thurstin and Court streets); shuttle available. Benefits Wood Lane Residential Services.
● Handel’s Messiah presented by the Delta Community Choir at the Delta-York Senior High School Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14. Free. Donations accepted. Details: 419-822-4606.
● Jingle Bell Shoppe at East Toledo Family Senior Activities Center (Navarre Park Shelterhouse), 1001 White St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 4. Crafts and vendors. Pictures with Santa. Hot dogs available. Gifts wrapped free. Details: 419-691-2254.
● Genoa Civic Theatre and Literary Society presents A 1940’s Radio Christmas Carol at the Historic Town Hall Opera House, 509 1/2 Main St., 8 p.m. Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14 and 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and students. For reservations: 419-855-3103.
● Toledo Craftsman’s Guild Crafts for Christmas Show, at the Lucas County Recreation Center, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● Christian Festival Choir and Orchestra’s benefit Christmas concert at the Assembly Church of God, 1360 Conant St., 7 p.m. Dec. 5. Donations to the Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission. Details: 419-865-5795 or toledoexaltation.org.
● Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis at Fallen Timbers, 3100 Main St., registration 8 a.m. in the lobby of the Rave Cinema Theater Complex , race starts at 9 a.m. on Dec. 7. Run/Walk is 5k (3.1 mile). Snowflake run for children 10 and younger at 8:45 a.m. Registration $30 adult or $25 adult if registered online by today, using the promo code jingle. Details: 2013jinglebellruntoledo.kintera.org or call 419-290-3145.
● Make-A-Wish Holiday Craft Show at the Lucas County Recreation Center’s Club House, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7. Raffles, auction, and refreshments. Free. Details: Tracey, 419-893-4589 or TSElmore@aol.com.
● Christmas at the Community Center at the Monclova Community Center, 8115 Monclova Rd., 9 a.m.-noon Dec. 7. Children’s activities and visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. A “Looms for Love” site and stations will be set up to make bracelets for children in hospitals and seniors in nursing homes. Details: 419-861-1336.
● Nettle Lake Music Jam at Nettle Lake United Brethren in Christ church, 18560 County Rd. 5-75, 6 p.m. Dec. 7. An acoustic jam for instruments including harmonica, guitar, dulcimer, bass, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, and voice. Snacks and drinks provided. Details contact Pastor Mike Wilder, 419-485-4112 or email@example.com or Jack and Marilyn Mullins, 517-254-4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Breakfast with Santa sponsored by the Oregon Northwood Rotary Club in Clay High School’s cafeteria, 5665 Seaman Rd., beginning at 8 a.m. Dec. 7. Children’s activities and a visit with Santa. Tickets: $3 per person. Details: Peggy, 419-691-5745.
● Christmas Nostalgia concert, dinner, and dance in the Chalet at Oak Shade Grove, 3624 Seaman Rd., dinner 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., concert 7:30 p.m. with dancing following Dec. 14. Performing are the Teutonia Mannerchor und Damenchor and Rhinelanders. Dinner tickets: $24 (children under 12 eat free); $13 for just concert/dancing and available at the door. Dinner reservations must be made by Dec. 9. Contact: Nancy Waters, 419-290-3229 or email@example.com.
● Salvation Army’s Tree A Rama Charity Auction at the Mon Ami Restaurant and Winery, 3845 E. Wine Cellar Rd., silent auction 2 p.m., live auction 4 p.m. Dec. 8. All proceeds to Salvation Army’s toy program. To donate, call Maureen Saponari, 419-732-2769 or Jackie at Mon Ami, 419-797-4445.
● Photo’s with your pet and children with Santa at Humane Society of Ottawa County, 2424 E. Sand Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7. Cost: $7 per 5x7 print. Cocoa and cookies will be served.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. Dec. 2. “Gangs in Toledo” by a member of the Toledo Police Gang Suppression Unit.
● Start the Holidays craft show at Trinity Lutheran Church and School, 4560 Glendale Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Holiday Bazaar and Craft Show sponsored by the Altar and Rosary Sodality and Lady Knights at St. Jerome Community Center, 300 Warner St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Radiation Blues Band benefit jam at Mad Anthony’s Tavern, 21 N. Third St., starting at 2 p.m. Sunday. Also featuring Grape Smugglers, Patrick Lewandowski, Old State Line, Richard Magly, and more. Food available for purchase. Benefit to 1matters.org.
● Auditions for the Waterville Playshop’s next show, Over the River and Through the Woods at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. 2nd St,, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Production dates are Feb. 14-16, 2014 at the Maumee Indoor Theater. Cast will be of two men (50 years+), two women (50 years+), one male (20-30 years), and one female (20-30 years). Details: watervilleplayshop.org.
● Downtown Waterville Holiday Open House at the businesses throughout the downtown area 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Dec. 4.
● Hair and fashion show at Garden Lake Hall, 5359 Dorr St., 6 p.m. Dec. 8. Details: 419-535-1862.
● Christmas craft show at St. Clement Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Free.
● Yuletide Christmas concert at the Donnelly Neighborhood Center, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 7 p.m. Dec. 7 . Tickets: 419-472-2288, ext. 222.
● Craft and gift show at Woodley Professional Center, 3829 Woodley Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 8. Details: 419-720-5997.
● Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed Wednesday and Saturday.
● Holiday Arts and Crafts FUNdraiser at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7. Music, and a visit with Grinch and Santa. Art by students from Anthony Wayne and Lial Catholic schools on display. Silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and food for sale. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-877-5383.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.