Summaries of recently reviewed area restaurants, in the order in which they were reviewed, with the most recent at the top. To see previous Bill of Fare reviews on the Web, go to toledoblade.com and type "Bill of Fare" into the search box and click enter.
● Saba’s Bistro 1705 at 1705 Tollgate Dr., Maumee, is a hidden gem with lots of standouts. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and service offered at the restaurant, which doubles as room service for the Holiday Inn hotel in Maumee. $-$$$ 3 stars.
● PerrysBurgers, 220 Louisiana Ave., is burger shop in downtown Perrysburg that has a friendly atmosphere with plenty of toppings to choose from for your burger, plus "never-ending" fries. $$ 2 stars.
● American Table Family Restaurant, 580 Craig Dr., Perrysburg (and Fostoria are operated by the original owners) and three other attractive locations run by family and friends, sets a standard in its category. Soups and many other dishes and sauces are homemade and nicely prepared. Breakfast is served all day, and there’s a smattering of Greek and Italian foods. Open seven days. $ 4 stars.
● Cocina de Carlos, 27072 Carronade Dr., Perrysburg, touts the fact that all its ingredients are fresh — no frozen meat, nothing from cans — and all its recipes are homemade. This commitment pays off in a restaurant that custom-makes meals to account for your tolerance of spiciness and in fantastic dishes like the Don Charly (a half of a pineapple filled with meat, fruit, and cheese), and the mijas burrito. $$. 4 stars.
● Glendale Garden Cafe, 2521 Glendale Ave. The small cafe with big business serves decent food at decent prices. The lengthy menu boasts over a dozen breakfast omelets, along with lunch and dinner options. The house specialties are worth a try. We enjoyed the smothered fire chicken ($9.95) and the bacon and cheese omelet ($6.50). S-SS 3 stars.
● Korea Na Restaurant Sushi Bar and Lounge, 1423 Bernath Parkway. Ribs marinated in fruit sauce are scrumptious. So is dolsot bibim bap, a hot stone bowl sizzling with veggie/rice/protein and a fried egg on top. Lunch, served with five sides in a bento box, is an especially good value. $ - $$$ 4 stars.