What started out as a kitchen fire fully engulfed his home.
A Rossford man escaped his burning house with his dog today after what started out as a kitchen fire fully engulfed his home.
Leonard Andrzejak and his beloved dog, a German Shepherd mix, are fine but his house at 107 Riverview Place incurred $90,000 damage, Rossford Fire Chief James Verbosky said.
The fire department made "an aggressive attack" on the fire, but still needed about 30 minutes to put out the blaze, the chief said.
Mr. Andrzejak and his dog, whose name was not available, are staying with a relative, Chief Verbosky said.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.