'Mr. Indulgent, Portrait,' by muralist Mr. Taylor.
Unraveled, drawings by muralist Mr. Taylor, will open with a 7 to 9 p.m. reception July 26 in LeSo Gallery, 1527 Starr Ave., and will continue through Aug. 9. To see his work, check hellomrtaylor.com. The show will close with an artist talk at a 7 to 9 p.m. Aug. 9 reception. Mr. Taylor (Matt Taylor) will unveil his new mural on LeSo’s east wall. He also co-created the huge “Toledo Loves Love” mural downtown. LeSo is open noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Information: lesogallery.com.
●Art on the Mall will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 28 at Centennial Mall on the University of Toledo’s main campus, just off Bancroft Street. In addition to 112 booths featuring painting, jewelry, basketry, textiles, and more, there will be live music, kids’ activities, demonstrations, food for sale, and new this year, a beer garden. Admission and parking are free in Lots 1 South, 1 North, and 13, with free shuttles to Centennial Mall. Information: 419-530-4316.
● An evening of talks by the artists showing work in the exhibit Between Blisters & Blue Skies will be at 7:30 p.m. July 25 in Launch Pad Cooperative, an artist-run gallery at 911 Jefferson Ave. Information: launchpadcooperative.com.
● Artists can register to participate in a plein air paint out and sale on Aug. 3 and 4 at Toledo Botanical Garden. At 2 p.m. Aug. 4, awards will be presented and the sale will take place. Artists in any medium may participate and visitors are welcome to observe. Organized by Toledo Artists’ Club, the fee is $10. Registration is at www.toledoartistclub.com. Information: 419-531-4079.
● The Summer Art Show in the Village Park of Whitehouse will be 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. Live music will be performed during the day and a pig roast will begin at 4 p.m., hosted by the Whitehouse Fire Company.
An all-ages contra dance with live music by the Root Cellar String Band will be 5 to 8 p.m. Information: 419-877-5383.
● A trunk show of Peruvian tooled-leather furniture, boxes, and frames will be at Inside Angles from 10 a.m. to noon today.
The objects are made at House of Mercier, and every few years Andres Mercier brings his truck to the gallery at 6831 Angola Rd., Holland. Information: 419-867-3533 and www.insideangles.com.
● People can try their hand at blacksmithing, weaving, broom making, woodworking, drawing, felting, and more at the annual Explore the Crafts day Saturday at Sauder Village in Archbold. In addition, a one-hour class to make a glass ornament, flower, tumbler, or pumpkin will be offered (fee: $45). Registration for the glass class and information about all events is at 1-800-590-9755 and saudervillage.org.
● Expression in 3 Forms, featuring work by Matthew Paskiet, Doug Fiely, and Chelsae Younkman is on view at the Wassenberg Art Center through Aug. 24. Hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
The center is at 643 S. Washington St. in Van Wert. Information: 419-238-6837 and wassenbergartcenter.org.
Send items for News of Art at least two weeks before the event to email@example.com.