There have been holiday gatherings galore, especially in the business community. Even before December arrived, the Wood County Economic Development Commission had its holiday reception at the Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg. It was THE place to hob nob. The nearly 400 party-goers included business colleagues and political figures from around the region.
Lots of other events have sparkled as well:
● Gross Electric's Holiday Party Dec. 5 featured the latest in LED lighting and energy-saving tips amid the food and beverages and chatter.
● Trans-World Shipping Service, Inc. hosted its annual holiday reception Dec. 5 at the Toledo Club. Greeting everyone was President Regan Smith. Spirits flowed with the excitement of the season as guests nibbled on delectable edibles.
● Block Communications, Inc. and Allan Block, chairman, and his wife Susan hosted a holiday cocktail reception and private viewing of "Manet: Portraying Life" on Dec. 12 at the Toledo Museum of Art. Guests sipped, supped, and schmoozed in the artful setting. Brooks Florist added a vintage holiday touch with a contemporary twist: mercury glass containers filled with white flowers and greens accented with silver and gold set on tables covered in shimmery pewter-colored fabric.
Premier Catering whipped up the menu selected by Mrs. Block that was displayed like a still-life painting: Chilled stuffed chicken breast, crab cakes, dried sausages, capers, brie, grapes, and more. Meanwhile, wait staff tempted guests with Vichyssoise shooters, tuna tartare, artichoke pate, and other gourmet edibles.
Many guests, including museum director Brian Kennedy and his wife Mary, perused the Manet exhibit of portraits, sponsored by Block Communications, Inc. and BP. The exhibit runs through Jan. 1. Representatives from BCI were present including Joseph H. Zerbey IV, president and general manager of The Blade, and Steve Piller, vice president of advertising sales & local stations at Buckeye CableSystem.
Seen were Mayor Bell, Tom and Paulette Geiger, Jr., Doug and Kim Kearns, George and Leslie Chapman, Dr. Lloyd Jacobs, Mike and Carol Anderson, Dick and Fran Anderson,Tony and Debbie Knight, Steve and Julie Taylor, Toby and Lisa Tokes, Stan and Ellen Diroff, Barbara Steele and Alan Kimpel, Molly Reams, Michael Miller and Kim Wagenhauser, Clyde Scoles, Keith and Susan Burwell, Denny and Sheila Johnson, Jerry Jones, Frazier and Susan Reams, Jim and Sue White, Bob and Kim LaClair, Mary and Bob Arquette, Bob and Sue Savage, and the Hylant family.
● CJC -- Connelly Jackson Collier Law celebrated the holidays with a reception Dec. 13 at the Toledo Club. It was also a welcome to H. Buswell Roberts, Jr., who recently joined the firm.
● The Rotary Club of Perrysburg annual holiday dinner was Dec. 14 at Carranor Hunt and Polo Club. Event chairman was Julie Roberts, past president. Greeting everyone was president Steve Hopkins and his wife Jane.