Barbara Meyers of Oregon writes that she found this recipe on the back of a mozzarella package, and makes it “at least once a week. Yummy, healthy and quick.”
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 2 cups rotini, uncooked
- 1 14.5-ounce can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
In Dutch oven, brown sausage. Cook rotini and drain. When rotini is done, add to sausage, along with tomatoes, spices. Heat through. Add spinach; cover and cook till wilted, about 5 minutes. Mix and add cheeses. Heat through till cheese melts.
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to food@theblade or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.