● VFW Maumee Valley Post 2510 meetings, 617 Second St., near Platt St., 7 p.m. first Tuesday of the month for Men’s Auxiliary; third Tuesday for the Post, and fourth Tuesday for the Ladies Auxiliary. All dues are due now. Post: 419-697-4503.
●Toledo Community Recreation Program Youth Basketball leagues: high school (19 and under); junior high school (15 and under); 5th and 6th grade (12 and under). Fee: $150 per team. Season begins this month. Contact: Jim, 419-936-3090 or 419-356-1077.
● Glass City Singles hosting Lady in Red Night at Holland Gardens, 6530 Angola Rd., 8 p.m.-midnight Jan. 11. 734-856-8963.
● Ageless Wonders of Lake Township meeting for lunch at American Table Restaurant, 846 W. Wheeling, Oregon, 12:30 p.m. Jan. 10. Details: 419-836-3811.
● Area Women are invited to Originality In the New Year luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet noon Jan. 10. Special feature with Nancy Mills. Speaker: Barbara Falls, sharing how crisis provided answers to life’s most important questions. Music by Holiday Thomas. Cost: $10.50. Sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● The 577 Foundation offers programs for adults and children, 577 E. Front St., including adult classes: Yoga Nidra integrative relaxation, 6:30-8 p.m. Jan. 9, fee $15; Saturday Pottery, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. or 1:30-430 p.m. Jan. 12, fee $15. Information and reservations: 419-874-4174 or 577foundation.org.
● Port Clinton Artists’ Club watercolor painting workshop with nationally known guest artist/instructor Mark Polomchak at Island House, 102 Madison St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 11-13. Cost: $60 per day. Information and registration: Paula Hart, 419-734-5436 or portclintonartistsclub.com.
●Three Kings Day Celebration and Fund-raiser for Club Taino Puertorriqueno at the Believe Center, 1 Aurora Gonzalez Dr., dinner 6:30 p.m., dance 8 p.m. Saturday. Cash bar. Tickets: $15 at the door; $100 for table of 10 (with adult); children under 11 free (gift giving), reservations with child’s age and female/male. Details or donations: Maria, 419-385-1150.
● Euchre tournament, 1 p.m. until finish Saturday at Walbridge VFW Post 9963 , 109 N. Main St. Entry fee of $10 includes lunch. Cash prizes awarded for first, second, and third places. Sponsored by the Men’s Auxiliary.
● Parade floats and cardboard sleds needed for the Whitehouse Winterfest to be held at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 9. Businesses, civic groups, churches, schools, and individuals are invited to participate in the parade and sled races. Complete information and registration forms will be available soon. Details: 419-877-5383.
● Village of Whitehouse enrichment class: Emergency preparedness in the home with Jeanie Giesler from Diversified Insurance, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 14. Registration: 419-877-5383.
● Winter Art Classes/Workshops, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St.: FUNky Clay Jewelry, 6-8 p.m. Monday and Jan. 14, ages 13 and over, make a bracelet/necklace/earrings set, cost $32 and includes all materials and firing; children’s acrylic painting class, ages 7-12, 6-8 p.m. Jan. 15, paint an 11x14 snowman on canvas, all supplies and step-by-step instructions provided, cost $28 per child. Reservations: 419-877-5383 or whitehouseoh.gov.
At the Library
Libraries are closed today in observance of New Year’s Day.
Heatherdowns Branch Library
3265 Glanzman Rd.; 419-259-5270.
● Preschool storytime, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays. Call for registration.
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Frogtown low vision support group sessions, 10 a.m.-noon on the first Wednesday of each month. Sessions often include guest speakers and special features on education and support, with practical help and advice.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, Advocates for Basic Legal Equality representative will be at the library from 3-5 p.m. every third Monday of the month to assist people with basic legal issues and applications for public benefits.
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Thursdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● ABLE mobile benefit bank, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Bank staff can assist with applying for food stamps, home energy, child care assistance, and other services. Free legal assistance is also available. Free and available to all. Call for information.
● Homework helper, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Book discussion groups: morning group meets the third Thursday of each month at 9:30 a.m.; evening group meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m..
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m., every Wednesday.
● Book discussion group, 10:30 a.m., every fourth Thursday of the month.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an e-mail account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Book explorers, 10-11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● Senior book discussion, first Friday of every month, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
● Bay Chapter book review and discussion, 1 p.m. third Tuesday of every month.
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank Advocates for basic Legal Equality representative, 2:30-5 p.m. every second Wednesday of the month, available to assist with basic legal issues.
● Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. every Monday. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. every Wednesday. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. every Thursday. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays.
Woodville Public Library
101 E. Main St., Woodville; 419-849-2744
● Preschool storytimes, 7 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays.
● KidzArt, a once-a-month art club combining books and art, for grades K – 6, from 11 to 11:45 a.m. first Saturday of the month (Saturday; Feb. 2, March 2, and April 6).
● Lego Club for Grades K – 6, 10 to 11 a.m. first Saturday of the month (Saturday; Feb. 2, March 2, and April 6). Bring your imaginations and the library will supply the Legos.
● Coupon Swap Meet at 4 p.m. on second Tuesday of the month (Jan. 8, Feb. 12, March 12, and April 9).
● Cass Road Baptist Church’s pancakes and sausage breakfast with eggs strata, 1400 Cass Rd., Maumee, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday. Cost: $5 adults; $2 children 6-10; and free to children 5 and under. Details: 419-893-2008.
● Breakfast at Voiture 141, 2231 Airport Hwy., 9 a.m.-noon Sunday.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon Sundays. Cost: $5. Children’s menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Holland American Legion fish fry, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays. Lake perch or pollock. Take-out: 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat Alaskan walleye, $8. Children’s menu available for purchase. 419-666-7762.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. Fridays. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● American Legion Post 384 steak fry, 6910 Providence St., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. Saturday.
●Elmore Kiwanis pasta supper at Woodmore High School, 633 Fremont St., 4:30-7 p.m. Jan. 12 befor Woodmore vs. Gibsonburg basketball game. Tickets: $6 adults; $5 seniors, and $4 children under 12, or family ticket (immediate family only) $15. Kiwanis will feed the team after the supper.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Call the individual senior centers for holiday hours and activities.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Current events discussions, 12:45 p.m. Wednesdays.
Computer help desk, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Registration required.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St. Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays. Designed for beginners and the physically fit.
Mugs and Muffins, 9:30 a.m. Friday. Enjoy card games with fresh coffee and doughnuts.
Birthday celebration, noon Jan. 16.
Cold weather preparedness presentation, 11:45 a.m. Jan. 16. Learn first-aid techniques.
Winter weather safety class, 12:30 p.m. Jan. 18.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. Wednesdays.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. Thursdays. $2 per class. Information: call Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
YMCA fitness course, 9-9:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in January. $1 per class or $20 for 8 weeks. Light weights required.
Cold weather preparedness course, 12:30 p.m. Jan. 9.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writer’s group, 10 a.m. Thursdays.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. Fridays. Bring your own supplies.
Movie day, 1 and 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
Families Behind Bars support group for families with a loved one in prison meets at Waterville Library Meeting Room, 800 Michigan Ave., Waterville, 7 p.m. Monday. Group assists with information on topics such as visitations and policies. Call Carol, 419-350-6619 or Joyce, 419-878-5796.
Bereavement Groups offered by the Hospice of Northwest Ohio: Grief 101 (a must to participate in other classes); Coping with any loss; Kids Grief Support; Mid-life spousal or partner loss; Men in Grief; Supportive Spouses; After Your Parent Dies; and Pathways. Free. Information and registration: Hospice Bereavement Department, 419-661-4001 or hospicenwo.org.
Ecumenical Bereavement support group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 3-4:30 p.m. Jan. 8. Title: Moving Forward. Speaker: Susie Waible-Rose. Contact: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 or email@example.com.