● Christmas craft show sponsored by 4 Paws Sake local dog rescue, at Advent Lutheran Church, 6735 Sylvania Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Handmade items for sale, as well as a bake sale and sessions for pet pictures from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Information: 419-882-3701.
● Annual Cookie and Candy Walk hosted by Paulding United Methodist Church, 321 North Williams St., Paulding, Ohio, 9 a.m.-noon Dec. 8. Cookies, candies, and other items for purchase. Information: 419-399-3591.
● Christmas craft show at St. Clement Rosary-Altar Society Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday. Free. Information: 419-472-2111.
● Heralding the Holidays at the Toledo Botanical Garden, 5403 Elmer Dr., Dec. 7-9. Local artists and horticulture organizations will offer a wide variety of items for sale, including pottery, glass, jewelry, and more. Information and times: 419-536-5566 or toledogarden.org.
● Community Celebration of Christmas annual concert with the Clarence Smith Community Chorus, at Mt. Pilgrim Church, 1401 Hoag St., 6 p.m. Dec. 8. Featuring Voices of Harmony of Bowling Green and other area groups. Information: 419-534-2299 or cscchorus.org.
● 2012 Westmoreland Holiday Home Tour in the historic Westmoreland district, a mile east of University of Toledo, 3-6:30 p.m. Dec. 9. The event is a collaboration with the Toledo Northwest Ohio Food Bank. Tickets are $15 per person, and can be purchased either at local businesses or at westmorelandassociation.org. Information: 419-491-0448.
● Annual Sounds of Christmas show presented by Central Catholic High School, at the Valentine Theater, 400 North Superior St., 3 p.m. Dec. 9. Performing groups include the Central Catholic Glee Club, Mixed Chorus, Gospel Choir, Concert Band, String Orchestra, and the Irish Dance Team. Call for tickets and information: 419-255-2280, ext. 1137 or centralcatholic.org.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Dec. 12. Free. Information: 419-320-8631.
● Lucas County Retired Teachers Association holiday luncheon, noon Dec. 13 at the Inverness Club, 4601 Dorr St. Valet parking available. Reservations and a fee of $18.75 are due by Dec. 7. Information: 419-754-3751.
● Family Christmas movie night hosted by Calvary United Methodist Church, 3939 Jackman Rd., 7 p.m. Dec. 14. Free. Information: 419-472-9232.
● Fifth annual cookie walk hosted by St. George Antiochian Orthodox Christian Cathedral, 3754 Woodley Rd., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 15. Buy traditional and ethnic cookies by the pound. Information: 419-475-7054.
● Michigan Special Olympics fund-raising dinner at the Ottawa River Yacht Club, 5844 Edgewater Dr., 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Information: 419-450-7061.
● God, Flag, and Country oratory contest at the Eagles Lodge, 304 Main St., 2 p.m. Dec. 15. The contest is open to students 10-15 years old, in which each student may speak up to three minutes about any one of the topics on the program. Information: 419-822-3736 or email@example.com.
● Second annual Habitat for Humanity Holiday Home Tour featuring homes and churches in the Wauseon area, 2-6 p.m. Dec. 9. Various homes and churches to be showcased. Complimentary refreshments, auction items, prize drawings, and more. Tickets are $10 presale, $12 the day of the tour. Information: 419-335-7000 or habitatfco.org.
● 35th annual Colonial Christmas Craft Show presented by the Historical Society of Bedford, at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 1690 West Sterns Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Handcrafted decorations and more for sale by local artisans. Lunch available for purchase. Information: 734-847-0922.
● Old Frenchtown Christmas hosted by River Raisin National Battlefield Park, 1403 East Elm Ave., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Celebrate the holidays the old French way and learn about French Christmas traditions. Free. Information: 734-243-7136.
● Friends of Companion Animals open house at Monroe Factory Shops, 14500 LaPlaisance Rd., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 8-9. Refreshments, drawings, and door prizes.
● Christmas festival and bake sale at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Baked goods, crafts, gift items, a silent auction, and more. Lunch served from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hosted by the Women of Zion. Information: 734-856-3300 or 734-850-2923.
● Temperance American Legion Annual Feather Party, 620 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 7 p.m. Saturday. Meat raffles, door prizes, and meal provided. For questions call 734-847-9245.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie; 734-848-4420.
● Play group, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Sanger Branch Library
3030 W. Central Ave.; 419-259-5370.
● Craft In, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Bring your unfinished craft projects.
● Handmade Holiday, 2-3 p.m. Saturday. Hands-on workshop with Claudia Cooper on how to create holiday ornaments.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St., Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Financial empowerment sessions with Fifth Third Bank, 6-7:30 p.m. today and 6 p.m. Dec. 17. Free.
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Holiday crafts, 4 p.m. Dec. 6. Registration required.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● Open knitting,6-8:45 p.m. today.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday. Warm-up begins at 10:15 a.m.
● Friends of the library meeting, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call for volunteer information.
● Ereader expo, 6:30 p.m. Thursday. Try different makes and models of tablets and ereaders.
● Family movie night, 6 p.m. Friday. Registration required.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● River Raisin Institute Film Series, 6:30-8:30 p.m. today. A three-film series event in collaboration with the Monroe County Library System.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
● Stories with Mrs. Claus, 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Extreme couponing seminar, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Registration is required.
● Craft Saturday, 11 a.m. Saturday. Registration required.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● ATLAS, 3:30 p.m. today. A showing of a classic Christmas film.
● Homework helpers, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. National Honor Society students on hand to help tutor.
● Knitting hats, 6 p.m. Thursday.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Monroe Community College’s Cuisine 1300 Restaurant offers lunches in the Audrey M. Warrick Administration Building, 1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, 11:30-11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Fine dining experience provided by students and chefs. Reservations: 734-384-4231 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. Cash or personal checks only.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Includes fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
● Warsaw roast dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, Mich., 5-7 p.m. Dec. 6. Menu: Kielbasa-stuffed pork roast, pierogi, sweet-and-sour cabbage, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, Polish-style coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Cost: $8. Duck soup available for purchase. Delivery in Bedford Township area call 419-509-1115 (prior to Dec. 6) 734-847-5052.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call to register.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Doctor and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. weekdays.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin, Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Joyful Noise Dulcimers, 11 a.m. today.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Health with Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Bingo, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. Dec. 11. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Wii Bowling League, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Fridays.
Exercise class, 9:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
Homestead Bulk Foods presentation, 12:30 p.m. today.
Pete Villalovos and his musical friends, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Christmas tree decoration, 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
A visit from Meredith Grime, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Bingo, 10:45 a.m. Friday.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursday: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Friday: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m.; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center for Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
A Bobby Vinton/Frank Sinatra tribute, 5:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Advanced tickets are $12, $15 at the door. Includes roast beef dinner and show.
Movie, 1-3 p.m. Wednesday.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; 20/20 club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; bridge, 7 p.m.; coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; Bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.