● Sylvania First United Methodist Chancel Choir performance, 7000 Erie St. Christmas Eve services will be held at 9 and 11 p.m. Information: 419-882-2205 or www.sylvaniafirst.org.
● Annual thespian conference hosted by Sylvania Northview High School, March 1-3. For information: 419-824-8553, 419-824-8670 or www.northviewtheatre.org/home/
● Toledo Base Submarine Veterans monthly meeting at Charley’s Restaurant, 6945 West Central Ave., 6:30 p.m. the third Monday of every month. Information: 419-459-4985 or email@example.com.
● A Political Tribute to James H. Brennan, Sr. opening at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Main Library, 325 Michigan St., open until Dec. 31. The display is free and open to the public during normal library hours. Information: 419-259-5266.
● Children’s art classes at the Toledo Botanical Gardens, 5403 Elmer Dr., 4 p.m. on Wednesdays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays. Sponsored by the Toledo Artists’ Club. Call for registration: 419-841-8153.
● Toledo Area Ministries Feed Your Neighbor food pantry at Zion Lutheran Church, 8307 Memorial Hwy., the second Tuesday of each month, 10 a.m.-noon. Free food. Details: 734-856-2921.
● ALMA Drum and Dance event at the Toledo Museum of Art’s Peristyle Theater, 2445 Monroe St., 3 p.m. Saturday. Free and open to the public. Information: 419-810-2800.
● Dance clinic presented by the Central Catholic High School Dance Team at the Central Catholic Sullivan Center, 2550 Cherry St., 8:30-11 a.m with check-in at 8:15 a.m. for grade K-4 and noon-3 p.m. with check-in at 11:45 a.m. for grades 5-8 on Fb. 2. $25 per student. Information and registration: 419-255-2280 or www.centralcatholic.org.
● Senior citizens New Year celebration at Alexis Gardens Senior Center, 4560 West Alexis Rd., Jan. 4-5. Events are free and open to the public. For event information: 419-472-7115 or www.alexisgardens.com.
● Toledo Potters’ Guild pottery classes for adults and chicken starting Jan. 7. Adult classe are 10 weeks, meeting once a week for 2 and a half hours with sessions offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Children’s sessions are for 2 hours on Wednesdays for 10 weeks. For registration and fees, call 419-536-5723 or go to www.toledopottersguild.org.
● Tai chi for health courses at the Walbridge Senior Center, 705 North Main St., 10-11 a.m. Jan 2., Lutheran Home Community Room, 131 North Wheeling St., 6:30-8 p.m. Jan. 8, at the Maumee Center, 406 Illinois Ave., 9:45-10:45 a.m. and 7:30-8:30 a.m. Jan. 3, and 9-10:30 a.m. Jan. 5. For more times and information, call 419-537-0131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Machine Embroidery Guild meetings are the second Saturday of each month at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd., 11 a.m. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Monroe County Quilt Guild meeting held the second Thursday of every month at Monroe Post 1138 Veterans of Foreign Wars Hall, 400 Jones Ave., 7 p.m. Visitors welcome. Details: 734-850-8888.
● Screening of Band of Sisters at the La-Z-Boy Meyer Theater at Monroe County Community College, 7 p.m. Jan. 25. Presented by the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. $8 for reserved seating. Tickets: 734-384-4272 or www.bandofsistersmovie.com.
● Cat Fanciers’ Association cat show at Monroe County Community College, 1555 Raisinville Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 26 and 27. $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, $4 for kids 6-12. Information: www.cfa.org.
● Chili supper and auction at Grace United methodist Church, 1463 West Samaria Rd., 4:30-7 p.m. Jan. 4. $6.50 per person. Information: 734-856-3490.
● Worlds of the Maya hosted by filmmaker Sandy Mortimer at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 8. Information: 517-423-6617 or www.theTCA.org.
● “Kick Off” the Weight Health Challenge with author Zonya Foco at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 1 p.m. Jan. 13. $10. Information: 517-423-6617 or www.theTCA.org.
● VFW Post 9656 all-you-can-eat breakfast, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Menu: Scrambled eggs, sausage links, ham slice, pancakes, french toast, fried potatoes, sausage gravy/biscuits, orange juice, fruit cup, and coffee. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors over 60; $3.50 children 6-12; children under 6 free. Details: 734-856-3245.
● SAL Breakfast Buffet, American Legion Wauseon Post 265, 1105 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 7:30-11:30 a.m. Jan. 5. All-you-can-eat pancakes, french toast, eggs to order. Buffet: scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, sausage, bacon, and make your own toast. Coffee, milk, orange juice. Cost: $7.50 adults; $4 ages 9-12; ages 8 and under free with a paid adult.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. every Sunday. All you can eat. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. every Saturday. Free. 419-693-9082.
● Christmas Day Dinner at Immanuel Lutheran Church, 710 Buckeye St. at Erie St., 12 p.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday. Menu: turkey, ham, and all the trimmings. Free to all. Reservations requested by Thursday, 419-726-3991. Sponsored by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Dial-a-Story at 419-822-5200, available 24 hours a day. Stories change every Monday.
● Storytime for 4-5 year olds begins Jan. 8 at 10 a.m.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Call for information.
● Guitar lessons 101, 1-2 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 29. Information: 360-420-7863.
● Quilt club, 5:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Jan. 7. Call for more information.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month. Registration required.
● Playgroup, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., 43605; 419-259-4310
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Swanton Public Library
305 Chestnut St,, Swanton; 419-826-2760
● Weekly chess sessions, 6-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 1-3 p.m. Saturdays.
Sylvania Branch Library
6749 Monroe St.; 419-882-2089.
● One-on-one computer training, Mondays-Saturdays. Call for times.
● Homework helper, 3 p.m. Wednesdays.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Saturday chess players, 9-11 a.m. Saturdays. All skill levels welcome.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Family storytime, 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Ages 2 and up.
● Babytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 1-2.
● Preschool storytime, 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 2-5.
● Book discussion, 7 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● One-on-one computer help, 1-3 p.m. Fridays. You are welcome to bring your own devices you want help with. Registration required.
● American Red Cross blood drive, noon-6 p.m. Wednesday. Please call for information and appointment times.
● Everything ereaders, 3-8 p.m. Wednesday. Registration is requested.
● Alternative book club, 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday. Call for information.
● Anime club, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Friday. Call for information.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Dundee Branch Library Book Club, every first Tuesday of the month. Call for information.
● Preschool Storytime, 9:30-10:30 a.m. and 11:30-12:30 Mondays.
● Small Fries, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Thursdays and Tuesdays.
Ida Branch Library
3016 Lewis Ave., Ida, Mich.; 734-269-2191.
● Preschool storytime, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Lenawee County Library
4459 W. US Highway 223, Adrian, 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Computer classes, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Registration required.
● Lenawee Weavers, 10 a.m. Saturdays. Call for information.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Knit nite, 6 p.m. every Tuesday. Bring projects and share ideas with other knitters and crochet buffs.
● Luna Pier book club, 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month. New members welcome. Call for information.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● Hat knitting group, 6 p.m. Thursday. Knit hats and scarves for local families in Monroe County. Call for information.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Chester Zablocki Community Center
3015 Lagrange St.; 419-936-3090.
Open gym for adults, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Believe Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday and Fridays.
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m., first Thursday of every month.
Boosters, 12:30 p.m., first Tuesday of every month.
Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m., second Monday of every month.
Quilters, 12:30 p.m., second Tuesday of every month.
Kingston of Sylvania
4125 King Rd., Sylvania; 419-872-6200.
Community chats with Kingston, 10 a.m. first and third Fridays of each month. Free informational talks. Information: kingstonhealthcare.com or 419-724-CARE.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Quilting and sewing, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Monday-Thursday, weekly.
Wellness clinic, 9:30-11:30 a.m. every other Monday.
Men’s Breakfast Club, 9-10:30 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Computer club, 4-5 p.m. Wednesdays.
Woodshop, 1-3 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Call for information.
iPad club, 4-5 p.m. every third Thursday of the month. Call for information.
Eleanor Kahle Senior Center
1315 Hillcrest Ave.; 419-476-2745.
Today: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2:45 p.m.
Tuesdays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; square dancing, 9:30 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Thursdays: Exercises, 9:30 a.m.
Fridays: Model railroad club, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.; yoga, 9:30 a.m.
Friendship Park Community Center
2930-131 St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
E.O.P.A meeting, the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. Call for information.
Today: Computer classes, 9 a.m.; Concerned Citizens, 12:30 p.m.; exercise, 3 p.m.; Western Rounds, 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday: Shuffleboard, 9:15 a.m.; Point Place Seniors, 11 a.m.
Wednesday: Health clinic, 9 a.m.; line dancing, 9:30 a.m.
Thursday: Exercise, 9 a.m.; shuffleboard, 10 a.m.; euchre, 12:30 p.m.; AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m.
Friday: Bingo, 9:30 a.m.
JFS Senior Adult Center
2700 Pelham Road., Toledo; 419-531-2119.
Dr. and grocery bus, nurse 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every weekday.
Saturdays: Video movie.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
End of the year bingo, 11 a.m. Dec. 31.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
End of the year bingo, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
The last bingo of the year, 11 a.m. Thursday.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Blood sugar and blood pressure checks, 10:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
Veterans’ services, 1-2 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Call 419-337-9299 for appointments.
Show and tell, 11 a.m. Friday.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursdays: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Fridays: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m,; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; water color class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.
Monroe Center For Healthy Aging
15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe; 734-241-0404.
Newsletter crew, 7 a.m. every third Monday of the month.
Wood Carvers, every Tuesday 6-8 p.m.
Today: Exercise, 9:15 a.m.; ‘20/20’ club, 10:30 a.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.; sign language class, 3 p.m.
Tuesday: Bingo, 1:30 p.m.; 6 p.m.; Bridge, 7 p.m.; Coin club, 7 p.m.
Wednesday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; exercise, 9:15 a.m.; Sing-along, 10:15 a.m.; yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday: Cribbage, 9 a.m.; bible study, 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Friday: Euchre, 9:15 a.m.; brain aerobics, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m.; canasta, 1 p.m.
Saturday: Euchre tournament, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday: Dinner, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.