● Sylvania First United Methodist Church Christian Preschool open house at 7000 Erie St., 2-4 p.m. Feb. 10. Parents can meet the staff and tour the school, as well as register for the 2013-2014 school year. Information: 419-885-4249.
● Student musician performance from Bowling Green State University at the Manor House at Wildwood Preserve Metropark from 7:30-8:30 p.m. on Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26, and March 19 and 26. Information: 419-407-9726.
● Pancake dinner hosted by Olivet Christian Nursery School at Olivet Lutheran Church, 5840 Monroe St., 5-7 p.m. Tuesday. Event includes face painting, raffles, a live auction, and more.
● Hearts of Fire Valentine’s dance at the Sylvania Country Club, 5201 Corey Rd., 7 p.m. Feb. 16. The dance is to benefit the Toledo Northwestern Ohio Food Bank. Information: 419-242-5000, ext. 212 or toledofoodbank.org.
● American Legion luncheon with American Legion service officer Pat Grzybowski at the Toledo Club, 235 14 St., 11:30 a.m. Friday. Information: 419-868-3039.
● Euchre tournament at Knights of Columbus Hall, 4256 Secor Rd., 7 p.m. Friday. $5 entry fee. Information: 419-474-9233.
● Open community events at Alexis Gardens Independent Retirement Community, 4560 West Alexis Rd., 2 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Events include an open talk on diabetes education, the Travel Club and Italy, and a chocolate extravaganza. Information: 419-472-7115 or alexisgardens.com.
● Heart & Soul: Caring for Our Community hosts its 9th annual mental health benefit at The Birdcage inside Fifth Third Field, 6:30-10 p.m. Saturday. $40 per person in advance or $50 at the door. Cost includes dinner, entertainment, and free parking. Silent auction will also occur. Information: 419-349-5643 or heartandsoultoledo.com.
● I.M.A. Sunday polka dance at Conn-Wiess American Legion Hall, 2020 West Alexis Rd., 12:30-6 p.m. Sunday. Information: 419-478-6068.
● Valentine’s night dance presented by the Gift of Music program of Gesu Church at 2049 Parkside Blvd., 7 p.m. Feb. 15. Tickets are $10 each. Beer and wine available for purchase at the dance. Tickets and information: 419-450-0418.
● Detective Keith Dressel memorial blood drive hosted by the American Red Cross at TPPA Hall, 1947 Franklin Ave., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Feb. 21. Visit redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code KeithDressel.
● Emmanuel Christian School open house dinner at 4607 Laskey Rd., Feb. 23. For times and information: 419-885-7030 or 419-885-3558.
● Boating course hosted by Toledo Sail & Power Squadron at Jefferson High School, 5530 Whitmer Dr., 6:30-8:30 p.m. every Thursday for five weeks beginning Thursday. Certification awarded upon passing of exam. Information: 734-755-7252.
● 2013 Fulton County Relay For Life meetings at the Fulton County Fairgrounds at 7 p.m. today. Information: 419-572-1783 or email@example.com.
● Making Sense of the American Civil War final session at the Lenawee District Library, 4459 West U.S. 223, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. Information: 517-448-8125.
● Historical Society of Bedford meeting at the Bedford Library, 8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance, 7 p.m. today. Annual dues will be collected.
● Bedford High School Alumni Association 12th annual Florida reunion at Classic Homestyle Buffet, 2775 Lake Alfred Rd., Winterhaven, Fla., 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Feb. 27. Information: 330-335-9922 or bedfordyes.com.
● Machine Embroidery Guild meetings 11 a.m. Saturday at Quilt Heaven Quilt Shop, 8177 Secor Rd. Membership information: 419-841-5373.
● Transition planning parent information night hosted by the Monroe County Parent Advisory Committee, at Airport High School’s Media Center, 11330 Grafton Rd., Carlton, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday. Free; reservations are required. Information: 734-654-6208, ext. 2039 or 734-242-5799, ext. 1916.
● Forum on local career and technical education offerings with president of the Michigan State Board of Education at the Monroe County Intermediate School District’s Professional Development Center, 1101 South Raisinville Rd., 6 p.m. Wednesday. Reservations are requested by today. Information: 734-242-5799, ext. 1010.
● 26th annual Black History Month Blues Series concert hosted by the Monroe Library System, at the Monroe County Community College’s Meyer Theater, 1555 South Raisinville Rd., 6 p.m. Feb. 23. The concert will feature The Lionel Young Band, John Latini, Gaye Adegbaloa, and the Rev. Robert B. Jones. Information: 734-241-5277 or monroe.lib.mi.us/blues.htm.
● Illusionist Jason Bishop will be performing at the Tecumseh Center for the Arts, 400 North Maumee St., 7:30 p.m. Saturday. $26 for adults, $24 for seniors, and $20 for youth to 18 years-old. Tickets and information: 517-423-6617 or theTCA.org.
● Made-to-order omelets, all-you-can-eat breakfast at VFW Post 2898, 3925 W. Alexis Rd., 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday. Omelets, sausage gravy/biscuits, pancakes, and more. Cost: $6. 419-473-9649.
● Sunday breakfast at Riverview Yacht Club, 5981 Edgewater Dr., Point Place, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits/gravy, made-to-order omelets, french toast, pancakes, breakfast burritos, toast, juice, and coffee. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; $5 children. Benefits the 2013 Commodore’s Ball. 419-729-9251.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus breakfast buffet, Parish Life Center, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Sunday. Pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, biscuits/gravy, coffee, and juice. Free-will donation.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast at Deerfield American Legion, 105 W. River St., Deerfield, Mich., 9 a.m.-noon Sunday. Menu: pancakes, eggs, sausage, ham, sausage gravy/biscuits, milk, coffee, juice. Cost: $6 adults; $5 seniors (over 62); $3 children 5-13; and under 5 free.
● All-you-can-eat breakfast buffet by Knights of Columbus of St. Anthony, Fr. John A. Kenna Council, St. Anthony Parish’s Kenna Hall, 4609 St. Anthony Rd., Whiteford Township, Michigan, 8:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday. Menu: eggs, toast, potatoes, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes, biscuits/gravy, and drinks. Cost: $7 adults; $6 seniors; and $4 for children 12 and younger. Details: 734-856-2331.
● Delta American Legion Post 373, 5939 State Rt. 109, Delta, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays. All-you-can-eat breakfast. Cost: $6.50 for adults; $4 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 3. 419-822-4526.
● Just Pancakes at Salem Lutheran Church, 1125 N. Huron St., 8-10 a.m. Saturdays. Free. 419-693-9082.
● St. Joseph Catholic School Lenten fish fry, 2238 Manhattan St., Erie, Mich., 4:30-7:30 p.m. Fridays beginning Feb. 15. All-you-can-eat perch and tilapia, with popcorn shrimp, cheesy potatoes, coleslaw, roll, dessert, and beverage. Meatless spaghetti available. Cost: $12 adults; $10 seniors; $6 children 12 and under. 734-848-6985 or StJosephErie.com.
● Temperance American Legion Son’s fish fry, 620 W. Temperance Rd., 5-7:30 p.m. Fridays starting Feb. 15. All-you-can-eat cod, fries, coleslaw, roll, and dessert. Cost: $5 children; $9 adults. Carryout: 734-847-9245.
● St. Caspar Knights of Columbus fish fry, 1205 N. Shoop Ave., Wauseon, 4:30-7 p.m. Feb. 15. Menu: fried or baked fish, coleslaw, potato, applesauce, and desserts. $8 adults.
● Holy Trinity Parish fish fry in the parish’s Community Center, U.S. 20 and State Rt. 64, Assumption, Ohio, 5-8 p.m. Friday. Cost: $8 adult/carryout; $4 children grades 1-8; preschool free.
● Conn-Weissenberger Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-7 p.m. Fridays. Fish dinner (all-you-can-eat), $8; 3-piece chicken or shrimp dinner $7.50, combo (fish and shrimp) dinner $9. Includes fries, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, and applesauce. 419-471-0587.
● Smoked kielbasa dinner at Resurrection Polish National Catholic Church, 1835 W. Temperance Rd., Temperance, 5-7 p.m. Thursday. Fresh smoked kielbasa, pierogi, sweet/sour cabbage, vegetable, coffee cake, dessert, and beverage. Cost: $8. Delivery in Bedford Township area call 419-509-1115 before Thursday.
● Pork loin dinner by the Auxiliary at American Legion Adams Township Post 553, 206 S. Byrne Rd., 5-8 p.m. Friday. Pork loin, cheesy potatoes, vegetable, salad, dessert, and coffee or tea. Cost: $8. Proceeds benefit veterans.
● Spaghetti dinner fund-raiser by Youth In Philanthropy Encouraging Excellence program at the American Legion Post 587, 2020 W. Alexis Rd., 5-8 p.m. Saturday. 50/50 and dessert raffle at 7:45 p.m. Cost: $7. Take-out available. Information: leadershiptoledo.org.
● Valentine’s Day prime rib dinner by Men’s Auxiliary of VFW Post 9656, 4120 Piehl Rd., Lambertville, 5 p.m. Feb. 14. Includes baked potato, salad, and dessert. Cost: $25 couple or $15 for single. Takeouts: 734-854-8345.
At the Library
Delta Public Library
402 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3110.
● Storytime for ages 3 1/2-5 years, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Quilt club, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Mondays.
● Registration being accepted for Toddler Tales. Children ages 2-3. Call to register. Classes begin 10 a.m. Feb. 12.
Erie Branch Library
2065 Erie Rd., Erie,.; 734-848-4420.
● Erie book club, 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month. Registration required.
● Playgroup, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays. Registration required.
Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
325 Michigan St., Toledo; 419-259-5381.
● Ask a patent/copyright/trademark attorney, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
● Discussion of The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, 2 p.m. Thursday.
● Everything ebooks seminars to be held at the library downtown, as well as at various branches in the Toledo area in February. Call for times and locations.
Washington Branch Library
5560 Harvest Lane; 419-259-5330.
● Romance on the Board, Feb. 11-15. Try your hand at our giant word search puzzle. Grades 6-12.
Bedford Branch Library
8575 Jackman Rd., Temperance; 734-847-6747.
● American Cancer Society makeover event, 6-8 p.m. today. Learn makeup techniques from cosmetology professionals.
● Open knitting, 6-8:45 p.m. today.
● Home educators book club, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Registration required.
● Tai chi for health, 10:30 a.m.-noon Tuesday.
● Adult reading, 4-6 p.m. Tuesday.
● Bedford Flower and Garden Club, 6-8 p.m. Wednesday.
● Everything ereaders, 7 p.m. Wednesday. Registration requested.
● Paws to Read, 7-8 p.m. Wednesday. Read to a registered therapy dog. Registration required.
● Autistic children support group, 7-8:45 p.m. Wednesday.
● Bedford Artists’ Club meaning, 7 p.m. Feb. 19. Guest artist Cheri Ladwig will be in attendance.
Dundee Branch Library
144 E. Main St., Dundee; 734-529-3310.
● Toddler storytime, 9-10 a.m. and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool storytime, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Dramatic play, 10-11 a.m. today. Registration required.
● Manic Mondays, 3-4 p.m. today. Ages 13 and up.
Lenawee County Library
4459 West U.S. 223, Adrian; 517-263-1011.
● Family storytime, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Civil War discussion, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Rasey Memorial Branch Library
4349 Oak St., Luna Pier, Mich.; 734-848-4572.
● Movie night, 6:30 p.m. Friday. Registration required.
Summerfield-Petersburg Branch Library
60 E. Center St., Petersburg; 734-279-1025.
● Small Fries, 10 a.m. Fridays.
● Preschool Storytime, 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Mondays.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Fridays for children 12-36 months. Registration required.
Senior Citizens' Activities
Friendship Park Senior Center
2930 131st St., Point Place; 419-936-3079.
Lunch at 11:45 a.m. weekdays.
AARP meeting, 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Boosters, 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Sylvania Senior Center
7140 Sylvania Ave.; 419-885-3913.
Lunch served from 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. weekdays. Suggested donation: 60-plus $2.50; others, $5.32. Reservations required.
Strength and balance, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday and 10:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Call for registration.
Archbold Nutrition Site
Ruihley Park, Scout Cabin., Archbold; 419-445-3590.
Zingo, 10:30 a.m. today.
Site council open meeting, 10:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Meredith Grime from the OSU Extension Office, 11 a.m. Feb. 11.
Lenten Bible study, 11 a.m. Feb. 13 and Feb. 20.
Delta Nutrition Site
401 Main St., Delta; 419-822-3452.
Americare bingo, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Blood pressure checks, 10:15 a.m. Feb. 14.
Site council, 10:30 a.m. Feb. 14.
Birthday day, 10:45 a.m. Feb. 19.
Fayette Nutrition Site
105 E. Main St., Fayette; 419-237-1340.
Zingo, 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Site council, 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
Meredith Grime from the OSU Extension office, 11 a.m. Feb. 12.
Lenten Bible study group, 11 a.m. Feb. 26.
Fulton County Senior Center
240 Clinton St., Wauseon; 419-337-9299.
Registered nurse Judy Cook and Heart Health, 11 a.m. Monday.
Pen Pal Valentines craft session, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Meredith Grim from the OSU Extension Office, 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Blankets of Love session, 10:30 a.m. Friday. Blankets for the Dialysis Center in Wauseon.
Fulton County Health Center Stress Center meeting, 11 a.m. Feb. 11.
Swanton Nutrition Site
210 N. Main St., Swanton; 419-826-9776.
Fulton County Deputy Sheriff Tracy Zuver, 11 a.m. Friday.
Black Swamp Dulcimer Gathering Group, 11 a.m. Feb. 20.
Bedford Senior Center
1652 Samaria Rd., Temperance, Mich.; 734-856-3330.
Today: Fitness, 9 a.m.; bingo, 12:30 a.m.
Tuesdays: Bridge, 9 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.; line dance, 2:45 p.m.
Wednesdays: Fitness, 9 a.m.; hobby/crafts, 10 a.m.; bunco, 12:30 p.m.
Thursdays: Quilters, 9 a.m.; blood pressure checks, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; euchre tournament, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Fridays: Bible study, 11 a.m.; square dance, 1 p.m.
Frenchtown Senior Center
2786 Vivian Rd., Monroe; 734-243-6210.
Web site: frenchtownsenior.com.
Today: Bridge, 9 a.m.; quilt class, 10 a.m.; tai chi, 10 a.m.
Tuesday: Acrylic painting, 12:30 p.m.; Bunco Babes, 1 p.m.; Chix and Stix, 1 p.m.
Wednesday: Hand and foot care, 9 a.m.; Euchre, 9:30 a.m.; tap dance class, 11 a.m.; Pinochle, 12:45 p.m.
Thursday: Pool league, 1 p.m.; line dancing, 2 p.m.
Friday: Swedish weaving, 9 a.m.; watercolor class, 12:30 p.m.; bingo, 1 p.m.