● Bowling Green State University Choir Holiday Happiness benefit concert at the Bowling Green State University’s Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Lenhart Grand Ballroom, Thurstin St., 7 p.m. Dec. 12. Suggested donation: $5. Tickets available at Wood Lane Residential Services, 545 Pearl St., or at the door. Drop-off services available at the Union. Parking in Lot E (Thurstin and Court streets); shuttle available. Benefits Wood Lane Residential Services.
● Handel’s Messiah presented by the Delta Community Choir at the Delta-York Senior High School Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14. Free. Donations accepted. Details: 419-822-4606.
● Jingle Bell Shoppe at East Toledo Family Senior Activities Center (Navarre Park Shelterhouse), 1001 White St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 4. Crafts and vendors. Pictures with Santa. Hot dogs available. Gifts wrapped free. Details: 419-691-2254.
● Genoa Civic Theatre and Literary Society presents A 1940’s Radio Christmas Carol at the Historic Town Hall Opera House, 509 1/2 Main St., 8 p.m. Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14 and 2 p.m. Dec. 8 and 15. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors and students. For reservations: 419-855-3103.
● Toledo Craftsman’s Guild Crafts for Christmas Show, at the Lucas County Recreation Center, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday.
● Christian Festival Choir and Orchestra’s benefit Christmas concert at the Assembly Church of God, 1360 Conant St., 7 p.m. Dec. 5. Donations to the Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission. Details: 419-865-5795 or toledoexaltation.org.
● Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis at Fallen Timbers, 3100 Main St., registration 8 a.m. in the lobby of the Rave Cinema Theater Complex , race starts at 9 a.m. on Dec. 7. Run/Walk is 5k (3.1 mile). Snowflake run for children 10 and younger at 8:45 a.m. Registration $30 adult or $25 adult if registered online by today, using the promo code jingle. Details: 2013jinglebellruntoledo.kintera.org or call 419-290-3145.
● Make-A-Wish Holiday Craft Show at the Lucas County Recreation Center’s Club House, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7. Raffles, auction, and refreshments. Free. Details: Tracey, 419-893-4589 or TSElmore@aol.com.
● Christmas at the Community Center at the Monclova Community Center, 8115 Monclova Rd., 9 a.m.-noon Dec. 7. Children’s activities and visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. A “Looms for Love” site and stations will be set up to make bracelets for children in hospitals and seniors in nursing homes. Details: 419-861-1336.
● Nettle Lake Music Jam at Nettle Lake United Brethren in Christ church, 18560 County Rd. 5-75, 6 p.m. Dec. 7. An acoustic jam for instruments including harmonica, guitar, dulcimer, bass, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, and voice. Snacks and drinks provided. Details contact Pastor Mike Wilder, 419-485-4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Jack and Marilyn Mullins, 517-254-4112 or email@example.com.
● Breakfast with Santa sponsored by the Oregon Northwood Rotary Club in Clay High School’s cafeteria, 5665 Seaman Rd., beginning at 8 a.m. Dec. 7. Children’s activities and a visit with Santa. Tickets: $3 per person. Details: Peggy, 419-691-5745.
● Christmas Nostalgia concert, dinner, and dance in the Chalet at Oak Shade Grove, 3624 Seaman Rd., dinner 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., concert 7:30 p.m. with dancing following Dec. 14. Performing are the Teutonia Mannerchor und Damenchor and Rhinelanders. Dinner tickets: $24 (children under 12 eat free); $13 for just concert/dancing and available at the door. Dinner reservations must be made by Dec. 9. Contact: Nancy Waters, 419-290-3229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Salvation Army’s Tree A Rama Charity Auction at the Mon Ami Restaurant and Winery, 3845 E. Wine Cellar Rd., silent auction 2 p.m., live auction 4 p.m. Dec. 8. All proceeds to Salvation Army’s toy program. To donate, call Maureen Saponari, 419-732-2769 or Jackie at Mon Ami, 419-797-4445.
● Photo’s with your pet and children with Santa at Humane Society of Ottawa County, 2424 E. Sand Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7. Cost: $7 per 5x7 print. Cocoa and cookies will be served.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. Dec. 2. “Gangs in Toledo” by a member of the Toledo Police Gang Suppression Unit.
● Start the Holidays craft show at Trinity Lutheran Church and School, 4560 Glendale Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Holiday Bazaar and Craft Show sponsored by the Altar and Rosary Sodality and Lady Knights at St. Jerome Community Center, 300 Warner St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Radiation Blues Band benefit jam at Mad Anthony’s Tavern, 21 N. Third St., starting at 2 p.m. Sunday. Also featuring Grape Smugglers, Patrick Lewandowski, Old State Line, Richard Magly, and more. Food available for purchase. Benefit to 1matters.org.
● Auditions for the Waterville Playshop’s next show, Over the River and Through the Woods at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. 2nd St,, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Production dates are Feb. 14-16, 2014 at the Maumee Indoor Theater. Cast will be of two men (50 years+), two women (50 years+), one male (20-30 years), and one female (20-30 years). Details: watervilleplayshop.org.
● Downtown Waterville Holiday Open House at the businesses throughout the downtown area 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 7.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Dec. 4.
● Hair and fashion show at Garden Lake Hall, 5359 Dorr St., 6 p.m. Dec. 8. Details: 419-535-1862.
● Christmas craft show at St. Clement Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Dec. 7. Free.
● Yuletide Christmas concert at the Donnelly Neighborhood Center, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 7 p.m. Dec. 7 . Tickets: 419-472-2288, ext. 222.
● Craft and gift show at Woodley Professional Center, 3829 Woodley Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 8. Details: 419-720-5997.
● Clothing Closet at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., will be closed Wednesday and Saturday.
● Holiday Arts and Crafts FUNdraiser at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7. Music, and a visit with Grinch and Santa. Art by students from Anthony Wayne and Lial Catholic schools on display. Silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and food for sale. Details: email@example.com or 419-877-5383.