Recliner chair catches fire in Maumee duplex


The Maumee Fire Department today responded to a fire in a duplex apartment in the 2400 block of South Detroit Ave.

Deputy Chief Mike Potter said the fire was in a recliner chair in the occupied second-floor apartment, and that firefighters extinguished it. He said smoke was smelled by a resident, who was home.

The call came in at 9:45 a.m. Chief Potter said there was smoke and heat damage in the apartment. The incident is still under investigation.