The Springfield Township fire that displaced a family of 10 and damaged their home earlier this week has been ruled accidental, township fire authorities said Thursday.
The blaze at 7140 Dorr St. started from flames in the chimney, with no foul play involved, according to Fire Chief Barry Cousino. The fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the house and about $80,000 worth of damage to its contents, Chief Cousino said.
The fire was reported at 9:10 p.m. Tuesday. Springfield Township firefighters arriving at the two-story wood-frame house reported heavy fire in the attic.
The fire was under control in about an hour.
No one was injured, and a vehicle was removed safely from the garage, authorities said. The American Red Cross assisted the two adults and eight children living in the residence.
The homeowner is listed as Stacia Deraedt, according to Lucas County auditor’s records.