No injuries reported in Springfield Township fire; second-floor residents displaced


A living room fire displaced residents of a Springfield Township apartment building today.

The fire was reported about 2:05 p.m. at a building in the Wood Ridge complex, 1800 N. McCord Rd.

Smoke and flame from a second-floor apartment window greeted arriving firefighters, said Barry Cousino, Springfield Township fire chief. The fire was reported out by 2:25 p.m.

Fire crews, which included Sylvania Township and Monclova Township departments, contained the blaze to one apartment of the 16-unit building. The occupant was not home.

No one was injured. The state fire marshal's office was called to investigate.

Second-floor residents could not return to their apartments Saturday. The American Red Cross was called to assist.

Chief Cousino estimated the loss at $80,000-$100,000.