Cause of Tiffin apartment fire unkown


TIFFIN -- An apartment fire that caused the displacement of residents started in the bathroom ceiling of a third-floor unit.

Tiffin Fire Chief William Ennis said the Wednesday fire at the apartment building on Washington Street started around a bathroom fan and light fixture. He said officials have not been able to determine the exact cause of the fire.

The incident damaged several units and caused the relocation of 26 residents.

No one was injured, and the chief did not have an cost estimate for damage.