Cabela's store closed after overnight fire


DUNDEE, Mich. — The Cabela's store here is closed today after an overnight electrical fire.

Police Chief David Uhl said a small electrical fire broke out at about 2:30 a.m. at the large outdoors store. The fire started in a light fixture above the clothing department and didn't spread beyond the area, but soot from the small blaze and the dry chemical firefighters used to extinguish it spread throughout the store. 

Chief Uhl said company officials expect the store to be closed three days for cleaning.

Cabela's has workers in the store overnight, but no injuries were reported.

A damage estimate wasn't immediately available.