● Turkey Dinner and Bazaar at Clark Street Church, 1133 Clark St., 5-7 p.m. Wednesday. Complete dinner, $8 adults and $4 children. Carry-out available.
● Free Thanksgiving Dinner for residents in Ottawa and Sandusky counties at the Woodmore High School cafeteria, 633 Fremont St., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 22. Local churches, civic organizations, businesses, school groups, and private citizens of the Elmore area are collaborating to prepare about 250 holiday meals. Menu includes turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, roll, homemade pumpkin pie, desserts, and beverage. Donations of canned goods for the local food pantries or a new, unwrapped toy to support Toys for Tots are being accepted. To make a donation or volunteer contact Robin Hindall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Craft Sale at St. Patrick Church, 14010 U.S. 24, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 17. Church fundraiser. Hot lunches available.
● Springfield High School Drama Club presents its literature series with students performing works based on the traditional high school English curriculum by bringing to stage The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald’s American classic at the school’s auditorium, 1470 S. McCord Rd., 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2:30 p.m. matinee Sunday. Free performance for community’s senior citizens on Thursday, featuring a pastry reception at 2 p.m. and performance at 3. Tickets for other performances: $10 adults; $8 students/seniors.
● Machine Emroidery Guild workshop at the Quilt Foundry, 234 W. Wayne St., Nov. 19. For details and time: 419-841-5373.
● Border Battle Bash to benefit Boys and Girls Clubs at Parkway Place, 2592 Parkway Plaza, 6-10 p.m. Nov. 16. Indoor tailgate party for Ohio/Michigan fans, 419-241-4258.
● Penta-Anthony Wayne Students' 5k race/walk and 1k kids fun run to benefit No Kid Hungry Campaign at Monclova Primary School, 8085 Monclova Rd., 10 a.m. Saturday. Entry fee $20. Entry forms: davesrunning.com or at Anthony Wayne High School, 5967 Finzel Rd., Whitehouse, or online registration at imathlete.com. Toledo Seagate Foodbank will be onsite to collect non-perishable food items. Free health care screenings. Entertainment. Fruit, water, and other snacks will be provided for race participants. Proceeds benefit the No Kid Hungry Campaign. Details: Teresa Nissen, 419-877-0925, ext. 3.
● Northwood VFW 2984 Feather party, 102 W. Andrus Rd., beginning at 6 p.m. Saturday. Bingo, 50/50. Turkey-hams-steaks. Public welcome. 419-666-7762
● Scams - Be Aware luncheon and program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman Rd., doors open 11:30 a.m., lunch buffet 12 p.m. Thursday. Speaker: Lisa Haley from West Salem, Ohio, “How to Stay Afloat When Life Captizes You.” Special feature: Bob Baumgartner, retired Lucas County detective, now an investigator for senior protection unit. Music: Tanya Fairchild from Sylvania. Event sponsored by the Toledo East Women’s Connection. Cost: $10.50 inclusive. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Members of P.E.R.I., Chapter 93 meeting at the Oregon Fire Station 2, 1102 S. Wheeling St., 1 p.m. Thursday Nov. 15. Meeting, speaker, coffee, cookies, and fellowship.
● Diabetes Youth Services hosts Sweet Success Gala at the Hilton Garden Inn, 6165 Levis Commons Blvd., cocktail reception and silent auction bids open 6 p.m. Event includes dinner, program, and live auction. Registration for the evening $100 per person. Register online at dys4kids.org. Proceeds to DYS camp and school education programs.
● Little Shop of Horrors presented by Perrysburg High School, in school auditorium, 13385 Roachton Rd., 8 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $12. All seats reserved. Contact Rob Gentry, Monday-Thursday, 7-8 p.m., 419-874-3181 or purchase day of shows.
● First United Methodist Church’s Chancel Choir taking auditions for singers by contacting Leland Tetz, 419-290-1188. Performances will be Dec. 9, 2012 and March 17, 2013. Further information: 419-874-1911 or perrysburgfum.com.
● Free Mental Health Seminar at the Waterford at Levis Commons, 7100 S. Wilkinson Way, 6:30 p.m. Nov. 19. Presentation on Mental Health and Stress Reduction, Maintaining Your Mental Health, by Dr. Douglas Cifuentes. Reservations: Sandra Robbins, by Nov. 16: 419-874-2564.
● The Epilepsy Center of Northwest Ohio’s Tailgate Party and cornhole tournament at the Hilton Garden Inn, 6165 Levis Commons Blvd., 6:30-10 p.m. Nov. 15. An Ohio State University and Michigan tailgate themed party. Food, cash bar, music, and silent auction. For details or sponsorship: epilepsycenter.org.
● Rossford United Methodist Church Christmas Craft Bazaar, 270 Dixie Hwy., 10 a.m.-4 p.m., luncheon 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 17. More than 46 crafters, face painting, and bake sale.
● Square and Contra dancing at Rossford United Methodist Church, 270 Dixie Hwy., beginner’s instruction 7-8 p.m., dance 7:30-10:30 p.m. Saturday. Music by Golden Griffon. Admission: $7 adults; $5 students. No partner necessary. Wear cool, comfortable clothing.
● Toledo Craftsman’s Guild Homespun Holiday Art and Craft Show at the Stranahan Great Hall, 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Free admission. Collecting non-perishable food items for the Toledo Northwestern Ohio Food Bank.
● St. Patrick of Heatherdowns’ Fall Bazaar, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Crafts, jewelry, seaonal decor/gifts, pop can airplanes, clay critters, wood furniture, and scrapbooking. Free admission. Food and refreshments available, plus and face painting for the children.
● Waterville Historical Society members Karen Herzberg and Leslie Poolos will present the musical program American History Through Music at Wakeman Hall, 401 Farnsworth Rd., 7 p.m. Nov. 14. The women will accompany their storytelling songs with a mountain dulcimer, hammered dulcimer, ukulele, and their guitars, to paint a picture of early America.
● Tryouts for Waterville Playshop’s Lend Me a Tenor at Family Life Center at Zion Lutheran Church, 22 N. 2nd St., 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Sunday. The cast is made up of four women and four men. Performances will be Feb. 8-10, 2013 at the Maumee Indoor Theatre. Additional information contact John at email@example.com.
● Veterans Day pancake and sausage supper, sponsored by Rotary Club of Waterville, at the Waterville Primary School, 473 Sycamore Lane, 5-7 p.m. Monday. Cost: $5 adults; $3.50 children under 10. Veterans eat free. Tickets available from any Waterville Rotarian or at the door. Proceeds for Anthony Wayne and Otsego scholarship program and other community projects.
● 2013 Village of Whitehouse calendars, featuring photographs from various events around the village, are available at various loations and at Village Hall.
● Holiday Arts and Crafts FUNdraiser at the American Legion Hall, 6910 Providence St., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 17. Arts, crafts, live music, and a visit with St. Nick. Art works/crafts by students from Anthony Wayne and Lial Schools will be on display. Light refreshments and beverages. Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-877-5383 during normal business hours.
● American Legion Post 384 presents the Pickers, 6910 Providence St., 7-10 p.m. second and fourth Tuesday every month. Public welcome. Sandwiches available.
● Village of Whitehouse Enrichment Class Making Sense of a Food Label, presentation by Jennifer Boyles from Curves, Village Hall, 6925 Providence St., 7 p.m. Nov. 19. Registration: 419-877-5383.
● Holiday Arts and Crafts FUNdraiser at the Whitehouse American Legion Hall, 6910 Providence St., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 17. Local artisans offering arts and crafts for sale, live music, and a visit with jolly old St. Nicholas. Art exhibits from Anthony Wayne and Lial Schools on display. Silent auction featuring gift certificates, art pieces, and a 50/50 raffle. Light refreshments and beverages. Details: email@example.com or call the Whitehouse Village Hall, 419-877-5383 during normal business hours.
● Woodville United Methodist Church - Craft/bake sale, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., dinner 5-7 p.m. today. Election night supper of Swiss steak or baked chicken dinners with homemade pies. Christmas items, plants, and more.
At the Library
Reynolds Corners Branch Library
4833 Dorr St., Toledo; 419-259-5320.
● Family storytime 7 p.m. Tuesdays . Registration suggested.
● Open house, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 10. Call for details.
Rossford Public Library
720 Dixie Hwy.; 419-666-0924.
● Tuesdays with Adam, between 1-7 p.m. Free general computer and technology help
Birmingham Branch Library
203 Paine Ave.; 419-259-5210.
● Teenspace, 4 p.m. Thursdays. Games, snacks, crafts, and more.
● Wilson Lake and the Rock Bass, 4 p.m. today. Live music with a nature theme. All ages.
Genoa Branch Library
602 West St.; 419-855-3380.
● Storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
● Preschool Storytime, 11 a.m. Wednesdays.
Harris-Elmore Public Library
328 Toledo St., Elmore; 419-862-2482.
● Preschool storytime, 11 a.m., Wednesdays.
Locke Branch Library
703 Miami St., Toledo; 419-259-5310.
● Retooling Your Life — Getting the Skills You Need. Set up an email account, learn how to search or apply for a job online, and update your resume. Call for a one-hour appointment. Free.
Maumee Branch Library
501 River Rd.; 419-259-5360.
● Fall storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday until Dec. 4. 10:30-11 a.m. every Wednesday until Dec. 5. 10:30-11 a.m. every Thursday until Dec. 6. 10:30-11 a.m. every Friday until Dec. 7.
Oregon Branch Library
3340 Dustin Rd.; 419-259-5250.
● ABLE Mobile Benefit Bank Advocates for basic Legal Equality representative, 2:30-5 p.m. Nov. 14, available to assist with basic legal issues.
●Family storytime, 7-7:30 p.m. Mondays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Preschool storytime, 10:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 3-5. Registration required.
● Babytime, 10:30-10:50 a.m. every Thursday. Ages 1-2. Registration required.
Walbridge Branch Library
108 N. Main St.; 419-666-9900.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. Tuesdays.
Way Public Library
101 E. Indiana Ave., Perrysburg; 419-874-3135.
● Romancing the River: A Maumee Love Story, 7 p.m. today. A one-hour documentary about former Blade Outdoors editor Steve Pollick and his trip down the Maumee River. Mr. Pollick will speak after the film. Free admissioin and refreshments.
● Topical Tuesday lecture: Election 2012 Recap by BGSU associate professor of political science Melissa Miller, 7 p.m. Nov. 13.
● Friends of Way Library Early Bird Holiday Book Sale, 2-6 p.m. Nov. 14.
● Financial Aid 101, 7 p.m. Nov. 15.
Waterville Branch Library
800 Michigan Ave.; 419-878-3055.
● Toddler storytime, 10 a.m. Wednesdays. Ages 18 months-3 years. Registration required.
● Family storytime, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thursday. Ages 2-5. Registration required.
● Sit! Stay! Read!, 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Grades K-5.
● Twilight party night, 7-8 p.m. Nov. 13. Grades 6-12. Registration required.
Whitehouse Community Library
10615 Waterville St., Whitehouse; 419-877-9088.
● The library is selling Elder Beerman discount booklets for $5. The booklets contain up to $400 in special shopping offers at all area Elder Beerman stores and can be purhcased during library hours. Call for information.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 9 a.m.-noon every Sunday. Cost: $5. Children’s menu also available. 419-666-7762.
● Eagle Cafe offers lunch and dinner, Maumee Eagles, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, lunch 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, $4.95; dinner 5-8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, $4.95. Carry-out available. For menu: 419-893-3952 or maumeeeagles.com.
● Holland American Legion, 1074 Clarion Ave., 4:30-7:30 p.m. every Friday. Take-out 419-865-8511.
● Northwood VFW Post 2984, 102 W. Andrus Rd., Northwood, 5-7:45 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat. $8. Children’s menu available. 419-666-7762.
● Progressive Fishing Association, 7675 Schadel Rd., Whitehouse, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. Cost: $8 adults; $7.50 seniors (60 and over); $5 children (11 and under). Carry outs, $8. Details: 419-392-4715.
● Maumee Eagles 2562, 2301 Detroit Ave., Maumee, 5-8 p.m. every Friday. All-you-can-eat pollock for $7.95 (dine-in only). 419-893-3821.
● Chicken paprikas or beef tip dinner at Christ Dunberger American Legion, 4925 Pickle Rd., Oregon, 5-6:30 p.m. Thursday. Cost: $8 adults; $5 children 6-12; free for children 5 and under.
● All-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner at First St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 1121 Grasser St., Oregon, 4-6 p.m. Saturday. $7 adults; $5 children 5-10. 50/50 raffle. Wheelchair accessible and takeout available. Details: 419-693-4578.
● Roast pork and sauerkraut supper at Trinity Lutheran Church, 4560 Glendale Ave., 4:30-7 p.m. Nov. 15 and Nov. 16. Family style, all-you-can-eat. Cost: $10 adults; $5 youth (under 12 years). Cookies, breads, and gift items available for purchase.
● Chicken paprikas dinner, Przybylski Post 642, 2810 Airport Hwy., 4-7 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7.
● Swiss steak dinner at Clark Street Church, 1133 Clark St., E. Toledo, 5-7 p.m. Wednesday. Cost: $8 adults; $4 children 3-10; and children under 3 free.
● East Toledo VFW Post 2510, 617 Second St. at Platt St., 4-7 p.m. Friday. $9.
Senior Citizens' Activities
East Toledo Senior Activities Center
1001 White St.; 419-691-2254.
Veterans breakfast, 7:30 to 10 a.m. Monday at the Navarre Park Shelter House. Free to veterans; $5 for others.
Free painting classes, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. every Thursday at Navarre Park Shelter House, using acrylics, watercolors, and oils.
Housekeeping services for seniors 60 or older in East Toledo or Oregon. Cost is $10 per hour for members and $16 per hour for nonmembers. 419-691-2254.
Genoa Senior Center
514 Main St.; 419-855-4491.
Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Lunch at 11:30 a.m.; $3.
JWH Oregon Senior Center
5760 Bayshore Rd.; 419-698-7078.
Open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. daily. Suggested donation is $2.50 for seniors 60 and older, $5.32 for others; reservations due 24 hours in advance.
Pemberville Area Senior Center
220 Cedar St., 419-287-4109.
Trivia, 11:45 a.m. Fridays.
Holland Community Senior Center
330 Oak Terrace Blvd.; 419-868-1340.
Weekdays: Hot lunches for seniors 60 and older. Reservations due by day before. Cost: $2.
Northeast Area Senior Center
705 N. Main St., Walbridge; 419-260-3228
Yoga for Arthritis by video, 10:15 a.m. every Monday and Thursday.
Maumee Senior Center
2430 S. Detroit Ave.; 419-893-1994.
Open weekdays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Daily noon lunch; reservations due by noon the day before.
Computer lab is available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Classes offered.
Watercolor, drawing, and oil/acrylics classes offered in six-week sessions. Call for times and fees.
Monclova Community Center
8115 Monclova Rd.; 419-861-1336.
Weekly lunch at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, $2 donation. Reservations due the Monday before.
Body Recall exercise at 9:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Free 60-plus health screenings, 1:30-3:30 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Perrysburg Area Senior Center
140 W. Indiana Ave.; 419-874-0847.
Grocery shopping, by appointment. Reservations required.
Bible study, 10 a.m. Tuesdays. Open to all.
Jam session, 1-4 p.m. every Wednesday.
Bridge, 1 p.m. every Tuesday.
Zumba Gold course, 9 a.m. every Thursday. $2 per class. Information: call, Cheryl Fix, 419-874-0847.
Wood County Senior Center
305 N. Main St. Bowling Green; 419-353-5661
Class: Club F.I.T., 10 to 11 a.m. Tuesdays. Program, taught by a local physical therapist, will provide you with details on strengthening and stretching.
Wii bowling, 1 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays.
Writers' group, 10 a.m. every Thursday.
Watercolor art courses, 10 a.m. every Friday. Bring your own supplies.
● Community of Christ Lutheran Church offering Lutheran Basics class, 6517 Finzel Rd., Whitehouse, 11:15 a.m. Sundays. Four week course. Details: 419-877-0607 or commofchrist.org. Worship times 5 p.m. Saturday, 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Sunday.
● Grief Share at CedarCreek, 29129 Lime City Rd., Perrysburg, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays. This is a 13-week Christian video series Your Journey From Mourning to Joy. No cost and child care is available. Contact: Karen Kennedy, 419-680-5096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● First Presbyterian Church of Maumee’s 13-week divorce support group, 200 E. Broadway St., Maumee, 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays. The class is a video program based on Biblical teachings. Weekly topics. Also being offered is a 13-week GriefShare support group, with a DVD seminar focusing on grief topics associated with the death of a loved one, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Classes are free, possible small for materials. Registration: 419-893-0223 or fpcmaumee.org.
● DivorceCare Support Group at St. Ignatius Catholic Church, Family Life Center Room B, 212 N. Stadium Rd., Oregon, 7-9 p.m. Mondays through Nov. 19. For more information: 419-693-1150 or Kay Drill, 419-691-7387.
● Divorced and Separated support group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Conference Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays. Learn how to deal with all the overwhelming issues of divorce or separation. Topics: Denial, fear, family of origin, loneliness, friendship, guilt, and more. Details: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 / email@example.com.
● Ecumenical Bereavement Support Group at St. Patrick of Heatherdowns Parish, Emmaus Room, 4201 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, 3-4:30 p.m. today. Topic: Remembering and Reaching Out. Speaker: Susie Waible-Rose. Contact: Rita Hoff, 419-724-4675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.