Home » Galleries
Published: 3/3/2013 - Updated: 3 months ago
Knights of Pythias and Pythian Sisters
The Knights of Pythias who constructed Pythian Castle on Jefferson Street in 1890 were known as an active fraternal service organization in Toledo for most of the last century. CLICK ANY IMAGE TO VIEW FULL PHOTO, START SLIDE SHOW.
Enlarge | Buy This Photo Toledo Pythians shoulder arms during a Jubilee Parade on Jefferson Avenue in this 1948 photo. THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo Sunlight breaks through the clouds highlight the fire escape on the Pythian Castle in 2004. THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo The 16 staff members and four color bearers line up for Captain Hirst's close inspection of the The Pythian Sister ... THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo The year 1890 is seen on the exterior of Pythan Castle in downtown Toledo. THE BLADE.
Enlarge | Buy This Photo Flags and colors were flying as Capt. Pearl Hirst and color guard of the Pythian Sisters Union Fancy Staff, marching ... THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo From left, Pythians DW.C Yarbrought of Birmingham, Ala., past imperial prince and Paul Bryan of Norfolk, Va., reminisce in ... THE BLADE
Enlarge The Knights of Pythias march in the King Wamba Carnival parade in downtown Toledo, August, 1909.
Enlarge | Buy This Photo These Nomads of Avrudaka in a 1951 photo are Betty Dailey, left, Evelyn Houch, and Lola Yentezen. The Nomads are ... THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo Pythians on parade in front of the Commodore Perry in downtown Toledo, August, 1951. THE BLADE
Enlarge | Buy This Photo Ed Emery for mayor sign on the side of the Pythian Castle in Toledo. THE BLADE
Enlarge Charles Blessman of Prouty Ave., who provided this photo from 1887, identifies these men as members of Anthony Wayne Lodge ... BLADE
Search: Go →