Business Notebook: 11/04
- Juan Amezquita has been named treasurer at Owens-Illinois Inc. Mr. Amezquita joined O-I in 2005 as treasurer of O-I Peldar, the company’s joint venture in Colombia. He has been O-I’s assistant treasurer since 2010.
- Dr. Ajay Singla has joined the University of Toledo Medical Center as vice chairperson, professor, and director of female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery in the urology department. He most recently worked at Wayne State University.
- Ten people recently earned Certified Occupational Safety Specialist designation from the Safety Council of Northwest Ohio. COSS is a week-long course. The graduates are Kyle Stites (Specialized Safety Services), Jim Kaczmarek and Bill Nolan (The Blade), Jonathan Linton and Terry Martin (Hebco Products), Mark T. Smith (NASA), Josh Shake (Precision Steel Services), Nicholas D. Daniels (Procter & Gamble), Babette Burnette (The Spieker Co.), and Michael Long (Webster Industries).
- Thomas A. Blaha, retired executive director of the Wood County Economic Development Commission, was given a board of directors service award by the Ohio Economic Development Association for his years of dedication to Ohio and the profession.
Business Achievements, with news of management promotions, corporate board appointments, and awards, runs each week. Send announcements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 419-724-6147. Write “Business Achievements” in the message field.
- The final session in the BGSU at Levis Commons Professional Development Series will be held Nov. 14 from 8:30 a.m.-noon. Patrick Good, a business consultant with a background in quality, sales, and operations will discuss using behavior analysis and assessment to improve your business performance. Info/registration: cee.bgsu.edu/levisseries or 419-372-8181.
- An information meeting will be held from 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. Nov. 27 for the Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce’s nine-day trip to Hong Kong and Bangkok in March, 2013. The meeting will be held at the chamber’s boardroom, 300 Madison Ave. Register at www.toledochamber.com/events.
Notice of business meetings must be received by The Blade 10 days before the event. Send items by email to email@example.com or by fax to 419-724-6147. Write “Business Calendar” in the message field.
Listings include organizations, headquarters and number of attendees expected as estimated by Destination Toledo:
Friday-Sunday: American Basketball League tryout camp, Red Roof Inn Maumee, 100, regional.
Friday-Sunday: F.O.E. Mr. and Mrs. Eagle Annual Bowling Tournament, Courtyard Maumee, 300, regional.