Landlord sued in death of girl by C0 poisoning


The executor of the estate of a 10-year-old Toledo girl who died from carbon monoxide poisoning is suing a Toledo landlord who had provided a gas-powered generator for the girl’s family.

Evelyn Atkinson filed the complaint Thursday in Lucas County Common Pleas Court on behalf of Taralynn Wood, against Steven Snow of 310 South Ave. She alleges Snow placed an “inherently dangerous and lethal” generator inside the house he owned at 1319 Hamilton St. to provide heat.

In addition to Taralynn, her mother, Tamara McDaniels, and Ms. McDaniels’ two other children, Damien Reyes, 18, and Domonique Reyes, 16, died March 22, 2011, from carbon monoxide poisoning. Snow later pleaded no contest and was found guilty of four counts of reckless homicide for their deaths. He was placed on three years of community control that included six months in custody.

The civil suit seeking damages in excess of $25,000 was assigned to Judge James Bates.