● Bowling Green State University Choir presents a “Holiday Happiness” benefit concert at the Bowling Green State University’s Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Lenhart Grand Ballroom, 7 p.m. Dec. 12. Suggested donation: $5. Tickets are available at Wood Lane Residential Services, 545 Pearl St., or at the door. Drop-off services available at the Union for individuals with mobility issues. Parking in Lot E (Thurstin and Court streets). Shuttle available. Event benefits Wood Lane Residential Services.
● MessiahHandel’s presented by the Delta Community Choir at the Delta-York Senior High School Auditorium, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14. Donations accepted. Details: 419-822-4606.
● Jingle Bell Shoppe at the East Toledo Family Senior Activities Center (Navarre Park Shelterhouse), 1001 White St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday. Crafts and various vendors. Pictures with Santa. Lunch available. Gifts wrapped free. Details: 419-691-2254.
● Genoa Civic Theatre and Literary Society presents A 1940’s Radio Christmas Carol at the Historic Town Hall Opera House, 509 1/2 Main St., 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Dec. 13, 14 and 2 p.m. Sunday and Dec. 15. Tickets: $12 adults; $10 seniors/students. Reservations: 419-855-3103.
● Christian Festival Choir and Orchestra’s benefit Christmas Concert at the Assembly Church of God, 1360 Conant St., 7 p.m. Thursday. Free. Donations to the Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission, which helps meet the spiritual and physical needs of the low-income. Details: 419-865-5795 or toledoexaltation.org.
● Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis at Fallen Timbers, 3100 Main St., registration 8 a.m. in the lobby of the Rave Cinema Theater Complex, race starts at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Run/Walk is 5k (3.1 miles). Also a snowflake run for children 10 and younger at 8:45 a.m. Registration $30 adult; save $5 and pay $25 adult if registered by today, online using the promo code jingle. Details: 2013jinglebellruntoledo.kintera.org or call 419-290-3145.
● Make-A-Wish Holiday Craft Show at the Lucas County Recreation Center’s Club House, 2901 Key St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Featuring handcrafted items, raffles, auction, and refreshments, and lunch. Free admission. Benefits Make-A-Wish. Details: Tracey, 419-893-4589 or TSElmore@aol.com.
● Christmas at the Community Center at the Monclova Community Center, 8115 Monclova Rd., 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Children’s activities and visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus. A “Looms for Love” site and stations will be set up to make bracelets for children in hospitals and seniors in nursing homes. Details: 419-861-1336.
● Nettle Lake Music Jam at Nettle Lake United Brethren in Christ church, 18560 County Rd. 5-75, 6 p.m. Saturday. An acoustic jam for instruments such as harmonica, guitar, dulcimer, bass, mandolin, fiddle, banjo, and voice. Snacks and drinks provided. Details: Pastor Mike Wilder at 419-485-4112 or email@example.com or Jack and Marilyn Mullins at 517-254-4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Breakfast with Santa sponsored by the Oregon Northwood Rotary Club in Clay High School’s cafeteria, 5665 Seaman Rd., beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday. Children’s activities and a visit with Santa. Tickets: $3 per person. Details: Peggy, 419-691-5745.
● Christmas Nostalgia! concert, dinner, and dance in the Chalet at Oak Shade Grove, 3624 Seaman Rd., dinner 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., concert 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14, dancing to follow. Performing are the Teutonia Mannerchor und Damenchor and Rhinelanders. Dinner tickets: $24 (children under 12 eat free); $13 for just concert/dancing and available at the door. Reservations by today. Contact: Nancy Waters, 419-290-3229 or email@example.com.
● Salvation Army’s Tree A Rama Charity Auction at the Mon Ami Restaurant and Winery, 3845 E. Wine Cellar Rd., silent auction 2 p.m., live auction 4 p.m. Sunday. All proceeds to the Salvation Army’s toy program. If you would like to donate an item, call Maureen Saponari, 419-732-2769, or Jackie at Mon Ami, 419-797-4445.
● Photos with your pet and children with Santa at Humane Society of Ottawa County, 2424 E. Sand Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $7 for 5x7 print; additional prints $5. Cocoa and cookies will be served.
● Beverly Block Watch meeting at Zion United Methodist Church, 2600 Copland Blvd., 7-8 p.m. today. “Gangs in Toledo” by a member of the Toledo Police Gang Suppression Unit.
● “Start the Holidays!” craft show at Trinity Lutheran Church and School, 4560 Glendale Ave., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
● UTMC Community Cares Free Medical Clinic at CedarCreek’s South Campus, 2150 S. Byrne Rd., 6-8 p.m. Thursdays. Available for general medical care. Women’s health care available by appointment only. Tetanus and flu shots, dental assessments/referrals, and confidential HIV testing. No immunizations. Details: utcommunitycare.org/patients or 419-482-8127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Sylvania Women’s Connection West luncheon at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. Dec. 13. $12 all inclusive. Details: 419-535-5853.
● Holiday Bazaar and Craft Show sponsored by the Altar and Rosary Sodality and Lady Knights at St. Jerome Community Center, 300 Warner St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Crafts and vendors!
● Downtown Waterville Holiday Open House with holiday activities at the businesses throughout the downtown area 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Plan a day in Waterville and join the fun and support Waterville small businesses.
● Craft and gift show at West Park Place, 3501 Executive Pkwy., noon-3 p.m. Wednesday.
● Author and historian Andrew “Bud” Fisher will speak at the American Legion Post 335 in the Toledo Club, 235 14th St., lunch buffet at 11:30 a.m. Friday. Details: 419-868-3039 or 419-382-4401.
● Annual Christmas craft show at St. Clement Hall, 2990 Tremainsville Rd., 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday. Free parking and admission.
● Yuletide Christmas concert at the Donnelly Neighborhood Center, 4255 Bellevue Rd., 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: 419-472-2288, ext. 222.
● Craft and gift show at Woodley Professional Center, 3829 Woodley Rd., 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. Details: 419-720-5997.
● Hair and fashion show at Garden Lake Hall, 5359 Dorr St., 6 p.m. Sunday. Details: 419-535-1862.
● A Night in Bethlehem at Hope Lutheran Church, 2201 Secor Rd., 1-6 p.m. Dec. 7-8.
● Sounds of Christmas show presented by Central Catholic High School at the Valentine Theater, 410 Adams St., 3 p.m. Dec. 15. Details: 419-255-2280.
● Caring for the Caregiver three-week course series at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 628 Locust St., 1-2:30 p.m. Jan. 15, 22, and 29. Details: 419-661-4001 or 734-568-6801.
● Holiday Arts and Crafts FUNdraiser at Hope United Methodist Church, 10610 Waterville St., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Arts and crafts by local artisans, live music, and a visit with Grinch and Santa. An art exhibit by students from Anthony Wayne and Lial schools will be on display. Silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and food available for sale. Details: email@example.com or 419-877-5383.