Two people with knowledge of the deal tell The Associated Press that Minnesota and Cleveland have agreed to a trade that will send All-Star forward Kevin Love to the Cavaliers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a future first-round draft pick.
The two people spoke Thursday on condition of anonymity because no official agreement can be reached until Aug. 23, when Wiggins, this year’s No. 1 draft pick, becomes eligible to be traded.
The deal will unite Love, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving in a new-look Big 3 in Cleveland. Love is a three-time All-Star but failed to make the playoffs in his first six seasons in Minnesota.
- Nets snap Cavaliers' 4-game win streak with 106-98 victory
- Cavs clinch playoff berth by beating Pacers 95-92
- LeBron becomes Cavs’ all-time assists leader in 127-94 rout of Mavs
- Cavs capture 89-79 victory vs. cold-shooting Suns
- James scores 29, Cavaliers beat Raptors 120-112