MUSKEGON, Mich. — Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after a possible chlorine leak near a water ride.
The Muskegon County sheriff’s office tells The Muskegon Chronicle that at least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the parking lot of Michigan’s Adventure.
A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.
WOOD-TV reports that 27 people have been hospitalized and more than 60 were being evaluated by medical personnel.
WJRW-AM reports that two area hospitals went on lockdown due to the risk of chlorine exposure.
Michigan’s Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state’s largest amusement and water park.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.