LYONS, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating the death of a person whose body was found today inside a running vehicle in a field.
The person's identity is unknown, Fulton County sheriff's deputies said. Hunters contacted the sheriff's office about 7:40 a.m. to report their discovery in a field on County Road N between County Road 8 and State Rt. 109 in Royalton Township.
An autopsy will be performed by the Lucas County coroner's office. Investigating agencies include sheriff's offices in Fulton and Lucas counties; Toledo police, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Authorities asked anyone with information to call the Fulton County sheriff's office, 419-335-4010, or Crimestoppers, 800-255-1122.
- Richard Jacobs: 1931-2015; Industry chemist taught at BGSU
- Paul McCrory Jr: 1934-2015; Lawyer ran for county treasurer, prosecutor
- Virginia M. Stevenson (1934-2015)
- Allen C. Kazmaier (1918-2015): WWII Navy pilot owned Perrysburg store for 57 years
- Dr. Frederick V. Gipson (1920-2015): Doctor known for house calls into mid-’70s