LYONS, Ohio -- Authorities are investigating the death of a person whose body was found today inside a running vehicle in a field.
The person's identity is unknown, Fulton County sheriff's deputies said. Hunters contacted the sheriff's office about 7:40 a.m. to report their discovery in a field on County Road N between County Road 8 and State Rt. 109 in Royalton Township.
An autopsy will be performed by the Lucas County coroner's office. Investigating agencies include sheriff's offices in Fulton and Lucas counties; Toledo police, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
Authorities asked anyone with information to call the Fulton County sheriff's office, 419-335-4010, or Crimestoppers, 800-255-1122.
- Part of State Rt. 109 closed in Fulton County
- Sarah Breck Bertram (1924-2015): Teacher a noted freelance model
- Katie M. Thomas (1921-2015): Produce grower’s hands ‘did some work’ for years
- Ruling allows NEXUS onto private land
- R. Kenneth Wolfe, Sr. (1929-2015): Former UT engineering professor inspired students