A mother and her three young children escaped injury.
A mother and her three young children escaped injury today when a fire broke out inside their South Toledo home.
The fire in the second-story of 806 Vinton St. was reported just before 2:30 p.m. It quickly spread to the roof and attic of a home at 804 Vinton St., where firefighters remain on scene. When authorities arrived, the woman and her children, ages 7, 2, and 1, were outside of the home.
The cause is believed to be accidental and stemming from radiator heat inside the structure.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.