The YWCA of Northwest Ohio introduced the winners of its annual Milestone awards today at the downtown YWCA.
Lisa McDuffie, YWCA president and chief executive officer, said this is the 18th year the organization has recognized women who have shown outstanding leadership qualities and efforts to help empower women.
By category, the winners are:
● Arts: Carolyn Putney, chief curator, director of collections, and curator of Asian art at the Toledo Museum of Art.
● Business: Linda Ewing, senior vice president at Fifth Third Bank.
● Education: Janet Robinson, interim president of Lourdes University.
● Government: State Rep. Teresa Fedor (D., Toledo).
● Sciences: Dr. Anne Ruch of Maumee, an OB/GYN, director of SewHope, and founder of Kids Against Hunger-Toledo.
● Social Services: Wanda Butts, founder of the Josh Project.
● Volunteerism: Patricia Appold, president of the Library Legacy Foundation and Oliver House Development.
The honorees are to be formally recognized at an awards luncheon March 14 at the SeaGate Convention Centre.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.