Story updated: 1:35 p.m.
Communities across Northwest Ohio are dealing with flooded roadways after hours-long rain storms dumped on ground already saturated from melting snow.
For several hours today, starting at 12:15 a.m., troopers from the Highway Patrol shut down part of I-75 in Hancock County because of flooding south of State Rt. 613 near Van Buren State Park.
The highway was closed northbound at County Road 99 and southbound at State Rt. 18 near North Baltimore.
The roads reopened at 4:30 a.m.
The Ohio Department of Transportation announced several road closures at 10 a.m. today:
In Wood County, State Rt. 105, between State Rt. 199 and U.S. 23 is closed.
Closed in Seneca County are U.S. 224 between State Rt. 100 and State Rt. 67; and State Rt. 101 between County Road 13 and Township Road 122.
State Rt. 19, souith of the Sandusky Ottawa county lines is closed in Sandusky County.
In Findlay, the Blanchard River has now reached major flood stage having reached 13.77 feet at noon. Because of the flooding, numerous road closures were reported by the Findlay Police Department.
Road closures as of 1 p.m.:
- South River Road between County Road 140 and Stanford Parkway
- South River between Stanford and Broad Avenue
- 900 block of Howard Street
- Bolton Street between Rector Avenue and West Melrose Avenue
- East Foulke Avenue between North Main Street and Blanchard
- Howard Street from Broad to Defiance
- 424 Rector to Bolton
- North Main south of County Road 99
- Anna Street
- County Road 236 between U.S. 224 and State Rt. 12
- Entrance ramp to State Rt. 15
- Eastbound State Rt. 15
- Lester at Geffs avenues
- Swing Avenue between North Main and Cory streets
- Frazer Street between Fox Street and Broad Avenue
- Liberty Street between Apple Alley and River Street
- Hurd between Findlay and River
- River between Broad and Liberty
- Eastview and Westview north of 6th Street
- County Road 236 at State Rt. 568
- County Road 236 between Heatherwood and State Rt. 568
- Hemphill under the bridge to Blanchard
- East High between Blanchard and Wilson
- Wilson between Lawn and East High
- Smith between Clinton and Cross
- Dunn between Clinton and Cross
- Cherry between Clinton and Hemphill
- Central between Clinton and Hemphill
- Carnahan between Clinton and Hemphill
- Park Street between Olive and Oakland
- Brookside between Sixth and Blanchard
- 5th Street at Amelia and Stall to Brookside
- Blanchard from Sandusky to Clinton
- East Main Cross between East Street and Osborne Bridge
- East Main Cross between Chase and Bright roads
- East Street from Main Cross to East Front
- Meeks between Main and Cory
- Cory between Washington to West High
- Findlay between Shinkle and Marshall
- Marshall between Washington and Findlay
- Front between Main and East Street
-- Northbound MLK Parkway past Clinton Street
- East Sandusky Street from Morse to Osborne
- Clinton Court between Taylor and Clinton Street
- Clinton Court from Factory to Main
- Defiance Avenue from Morey to Franklin
- Wilson Street from Bennett to Wyandot streets
- MLK from Clinton to North Blanchard
- East Sandusky from East to Osborn
- East Lincoln from East to Blanchard
- South Blanchard from Blanchard to Clinton
- South Blanchard from Clinton to Second
- Blanchard from South Blanchard to Amelia
- Graceland at Blanchard
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.