MARBLEHEAD, Ohio -- A 75-year-old motorist has died after being seriously injured when his SUV drove off State Rt. 163, went into an embankment, and struck four boats near this Ottawa County community, the Ohio Highway Patrol said.
John Walsh of Marblehead was pronounced dead Friday at Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo, according to a prepared statement released today by the patrol‘s Sandusky post. He had a medical condition, according to the patrol. Authorities have not released the cause of death.
Mr. Walsh was eastbound on Route 163 about 1 p.m. Thursday when his 1999 Chevrolet Blazer went off the left side of the road near Church Street in Ottawa County’s Danbury Township, according to the patrol.
The vehicle drove into the embankment, struck a storm drain, and the boats, which were parked in a lot, they said.
Damage to the boats was reported as moderate to heavy, the post said.
Marblehead is about 40 miles east of Toledo.
- Fostoria man dies in crash of car, truck rig on U.S. 224
- Fiery crash in S. Toledo injures woman, kills man in stolen car
- Fiery 2-car crash in S. Toledo leaves 1 dead
- Fostoria man killed in car-truck collision on U.S. 224
- Man, 71, dies after crash with tractor-trailer