Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Robert A. Rossi, Sr. (1925-2016): Marine in WWII led architectural group
- Julie Theresa Frisk (1917-2016): Physician helped establish former Parkview Hospital
- Dorothy L. Jadlocki (1921-2016): Ex-Army nurse advocated for those with mental illness
- Clara Rona (1920-2016): Holocaust survivor taught, shared story
- Dean L. Croskey (1927-2016): Master plumber ran shop in home, Sterling Milk store