Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Herman Mainwold [1923-2013]; Remodeler known as a stickler for detail
- Piano music ‘soul’ of L-O-F lawyer
- Plant secretary led Two Toledos, was worldwide traveler
- Donna J. Colbow Perras; 1954-2013: Harbor House leader sought to aid women
- Voyle M. Walters; 1917-2013: D-Day vet oversaw area’s golf grounds