Retired Judge John Potter, who served on the U.S. District Court bench and was a former Toledo mayor, died Thursday in Toledo Hospital. He was 94.
Judge Potter was mayor of Toledo from 1961 to 1967 and a judge on the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals until 1982 when he was appointed to a seat on the federal court in Toledo by President Ronald Reagan in 1982. He assumed senior status in 1992.
- Fire captain lived, preserved department history
- John McHugh dies at age 84
- Ann Veasey: 1931-2015; Real estate agent aided local theater for decades
- Joseph Drouillard: 1930-205; Poultry, meat dealer owned trade school
- Lillian Hackney: 1935-2015; Toledo Public teacher led disabilities classes