A quick, easy dinner that can be prepared with spaghetti that‘s either left over or freshly cooked.
Pan-Fried Spaghetti with Olives, Tomatoes, and Swiss Chard
From Mary Bilyeu
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups pre-cooked whole wheat spaghetti cut into 2" lengths
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large leaves Swiss chard, cut into 3" strips
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
Melt the oil and butter together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the mixture just starts to bubble, add red pepper flakes, garlic, spaghetti, salt, and pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chard, olives, and tomato; cook for 1 minute.
Divide among 2 serving plates and sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 2 generously.
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to food@theblade or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.