Lake High School, setting up a temporary campus for the 2010-2011 school year, needs many classroom supplies to replace those lost in the June 5 tornado that struck the night before Lake's graduation day, taking six lives.
The Blade, its media partner WTOL-TV Channel 11, and BCSN are working together to help Lake fill its needs list and make the transition into new lodgings. The news organizations plan to follow the students and faculty through the school year.
You can help by donating the following services and items. Cash donations can be given at CanDo Credit Union, 113 S. Main St. in Walbridge.
Contact Jodi Takats, Lake director of curriculum and special education, at email@example.com or 419-661-6679 with questions.
Donate money to Lake Local Schools via Paypal.
Click to donate to Lake Local Schools via PayPal Scroll to bottom of page
Assistance with moving four modular units for athletic purposes from Owens Community College to the main Lake Local Schools campuses on Lemoyne Road.
Assistance with turning the new high school into Lake High School:
• Stencil artists
• Painters — logos, wall stripes, Flyer symbols
• Drywallers/finishers to assist with building temporary walls for classrooms
• Banners for new building
• Directional signs for inside the new building
• Rubber-backed entrance rugs
20 overhead projectors
50 white boards
200 plastic storage bins
50 electric pencil sharpeners
50 3-hole punches
3 large paper cutters
150 meter sticks
150 sets of goggles
20 triple beam balances
4 periodic tables
25 hot plates
DONATION DROP-OFF SITES:
• Temporary Lake High School, 2249 Tracy Rd., Northwood (on Owens Community College campus)
• WTOL studio, 730 N. Summit St. in downtown Toledo
• Charlie's Dodge, 725 Illinois Ave. in Maumee
• BCSN, 115 S. Reynolds Rd., Toledo