With patience comes great reward. Barbara A Bacher submitted this recipe for a chicken casserole that benefits from a night’s soak in the fridge. Ms. Bacher believes the recipe may have originated from an article published in The Blade in the 1970s.
Overnight Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped fine
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups uncooked small elbow macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, in small cubes
Combine all ingredients, and mix well. Place in a buttered casserole and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350° for 1-1½ hours.
— Barbara A. Bacher
Have a recipe that is fast and healthy? Send it to email@example.com or Dinner Tonight, The Blade, 541 N. Superior St., Toledo, OH 43660.