Prepare this sauce and let it rest while you cook the pasta of your choice. That's it!
No Cook Tomato Sauce
From Michael Katz in You Should have This Recipe!: Traditions from Toledo's Best Kitchens, published by the United Jewish Council of Greater Toledo (now the Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo).
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
Whisk all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a medium bowl. Stir in tomatoes. Let stand 30 minutes.Makes 4-1/2 cups.