Prepare this sauce and let it rest while you cook the pasta of your choice. That's it!
No Cook Tomato Sauce
From Michael Katz in You Should have This Recipe!: Traditions from Toledo's Best Kitchens, published by the United Jewish Council of Greater Toledo (now the Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo).
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
Whisk all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a medium bowl. Stir in tomatoes. Let stand 30 minutes.Makes 4-1/2 cups.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.