How much do you remember from the Hens' memorable 2002 season? Take this quiz and test your memory.
1. The Hens set a franchise record for sellouts in a season. How many regular-season games did the team sell out?
d. What? There was a game that didn't sell out?
2. Last season the Hens won 81 games, the second-best total since Toledo returned to the International League in 1965. In what season did the Hens win more IL games than last year?
3. Which of these Mud Hens did not lead the IL in at least one individual category?
a. Oscar Henriquez
b. Andres Torres
c. Shane Loux
d. Eric Munson
4. Only two players from Toledo's Opening Day lineup were not with the team at the end of the season. Who were the two players? Hint: one was a catcher, the other an infielder.
5. Last season the Hens had three game-ending home runs at Fifth Third Field. Which of the following players did not hit a walk-off homer at home last year?
a. Chris Wakeland
b. Ryan Jackson
c. Chad Alexander
d. Eric Munson
6. Hens batters drew 489 walks, and Toledo pitchers finished with 374 walks allowed. What is significant about those numbers?
7. The Hens received strong starting pitching all of last season. Which of the following starters did not have an ERA under 4.00 last year?
a. Pat Ahearne
b. Adam Bernero
c. Shane Loux
d. Mike Maroth
e. Brian Powell
8. Only one Mud Hen, Brandon Inge, hit a grand slam last season. What was significant about the day Inge hit his grand slam?
9. Which of the following Hens did not have a five-hit game last season?
a. Craig Monroe
b. Jarrod Patterson
c. Brian Rios
d. Andres Torres
10. True or false: Shane Loux was named the IL's pitcher of the week three times last season.
1. b. 2. In 1968 the Hens won 83 games. 3. a. Torres led the league in stolen bases (42), Loux in shutouts (3) and complete games (5), and Munson in walks (77). 4. Catcher Brandon Inge and second baseman Oscar Salazar. 5. d. Wakeland hit a game-winner against Scranton on June 28; Jackson's game-winner came against Norfolk on April 10; Alexander's homer came versus Richmond on July 14. 6. Both numbers were the best in the IL last season. 7. c. Here were the other ERAs: Ahearne (3.16), Bernero (1.58), Maroth (2.82), and Powell (3.92). 8. The grand slam came on his birthday, May 19, against Pawtucket's Juan Pena. 9. c. Monroe had five hits against Columbus on Aug. 25; Patterson had five against Scranton on June 27; and Torres had five versus Rochester on July 26. 10. True. Loux won the award on June 24, July 8 and July 29.
1-3 right: Hey, this stuff happened six months ago. Some of us don't even remember what we had for breakfast.
4-6: You got on the bandwagon in time. Hope you enjoyed the ride!
7-9: Who said keeping score of every game wouldn't pay off?
10 or more: You must have been the manager!
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.