SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. — Police say an intruder had been living for a week on Jennifer Lopez’s property in the Hamptons while she was away.
Southampton police said Wednesday the entertainer had an order of protection against 49-year-old John Dubis of Rhode Island. Information on why the order was obtained wasn’t immediately available.
According to Newsday, workers found Dubis on the Water Mill property on Aug. 8 and called police.
He was arraigned the following day on charges of burglary, criminal contempt, stalking and possession of burglar tools. He’s due in court Aug. 28.
Dubis is being held on $100,000 bail.
Newsday says the publicist for the singer-actress couldn’t be reached for comment and it was unclear whether Dubis had a lawyer.
Lopez bought the 3-acre Water Mill mansion in May.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.