EVANSVILLE, Ind. — An Indiana dog that became an Internet sensation after crashing a half marathon has won a medal — and an appointment with a veterinarian to nip his wandering ways in the bud.
The chocolate Labrador retriever named Boogie ran most of the 13.1 miles in Saturday’s Evansville event and then was taken to Animal Control.
Owner Jerry Butts tells the Evansville Courier & Press that the 100-pound dog slipped his leash Friday night. It was his fourth escape.
Butts says Boogie now has a microchip and an appointment to be neutered.
Boogie finished the race in 2 hours, 15 minutes. That’s better than more than half of the race’s participants.37.97156 -87.57109
Labrador retriever ran most 13.1 miles in Evansville Saturday.
- Jennings brilliant as Pistons turn back Magic 128-118
- Teacher asks judge to reject request to reject verdict
- NBA roundup: Westbrook triple-doubles in OKC win
- Buzzer-beating tip-in sends Pistons over Pacers 98-96
- Effort to thwart algal blooms gets $17.5M